Sunday, July 15, 2012

Another "Interesting" Day

Today was pretty different.

It started pretty normally, I got up, did my God Time, and took my shower.  Ron complained bitterly about having to get ready for church, like he always does.

The cat brought home a half-grown male cardinal.  The poor bird was screaming.  When the cat released the bird, I grabbed the cat and locked him in the bathroom.  Then I picked up the bird.  Boy, he was a little fighter.  He kept pecking and biting at my hands.  That's the first time that's happened, with maybe 40 bird rescues.  I put him out, he got his bearings and left.

I left the cat on "cat door restriction" until we left for church.  No sense letting him get the cardinal again.

I decided to wear my purple, square-neck crinkle blouse and a black broomstick skirt.  Ron wore slacks and a navy blue button down shirt.

Our driver was 15 minutes early.  After waiting for 5 minutes, he honked.  Ron complained some more.

"Ron," I told him "He may have some woman on board screaming at him to hurry up already.   We don't know what's happening on the van"  For the record, he couldn't have left until 5 minutes after our pickup time.

I went out, and sure enough, he had a young woman on board.  She was wearing tight, revealing clothes, and turned her whole body to "ignore" me, putting her feet up on the seat next to her.  I gave the driver something, and offered her some candy.  She wouldn't even look at me.

She was vibrating with anger, and once I left her alone, she began primping, her body still turned at an odd angle to "ignore" me.  She let out a lot of angry sighs every time I talked to the driver, but continued to primp.

I thought she probably had Narcissistic personality disorder.  "The worst thing I can do is deprive you of my attention", that plus the vanity and the tantrum she must have thrown on the van before the driver honked.  I don't care, really.  I was just as glad she wasn't the "tirade" type.

I hate head games.  Have I made that clear yet?  Praise God I don't have to work with her, and she wasn't a driver.  We had one driver, years ago, who was so paranoid about "personal space" she wouldn't "allow" any of the patrons to sit in the front passenger seat.  That's a big no, and she isn't driving anymore.

We were straight, which was wonderful.  The driver took us right to the Starbucks.

I may not have mentioned this: the church is not in the service area.  However, the "church" people are happy to pick us up from Starbucks.  That's only about 5 miles from the church.

We got there almost an hour early (better early than late), so we called our buddy Pete and got some drinks.  I had a steamer.

Pete showed up, with his wife, Linda.  We had a nice time talking, until I gestured and dumped my drink in my lap, all over my skirt.  I felt pretty stupid.

I went in the bathroom, took the skirt off, and rinsed it off in the sink.  It came clean, I wrung it out, and put it on again.  Linda was right, it dried really quick.

We went off to church and had a good time.  Craig, a guy from church, wants to come on our next Bible Handout.  It should be a lot of fun, so we talked.  I gave him a bunch of stuff, which I need to re-order.

Ron and I enjoyed the sermon.  Ron was teasing me during the "altar call" (when they ask people,  to come up and pray with the pastor if they want to get saved).  Ron grabbed my hand and pulled it towards the aisle, like I needed to get saved!

Ha!  I did that almost 30 years ago!  I meant it so it "stuck".

I managed to stay away from the "sacramental" donuts after church.  They always start with a huge mountain and they eat them all.  I am amazed, almost everyone there is close to a healthy weight.

Ron, Pete, Linda, and I all went out to lunch after church and they left us at the Starbucks.  We had a really nice driver to come home, and another straight trip.

Then it was nap time.  I had taken 2 lithium at lunch.

Doc gave me instructions on the lithium, he didn't care "how" I took it, as long as I got 4 tablets a day.  I'm going to switch to "All 4 at night" this week and see how that goes.  I get so groggy when I take the noon lithium.  It would be great to get them all at night for a change.  If it doesn't work, I can always go back.

It rained a fair amount today, and looks like it's going to rain again.  God knows we need the rain.

No comments: