Thursday, July 12, 2012

"I din't hear nothin"

Today was a really odd day, even for me.

It started, with a notice from the water company, not to put anything down any drain (between 7-5) or I'd see it again.  Yuck.  No toilet, no sinks.

So, I got up at 6 on my day off, and took my shower.  Ron woke up around 6:45.

Wearing my bathrobe, I went in his room and sat down on the edge of his bed as he lay in it.  I patted his leg and he let out a bloodcurdling scream.  Scared me to death.

Side note, I guess it's a good thing my neighbors are the "I din't hear nothin'" types who wouldn't call the police if I were being chased by a maniac.  Ron's scream would have had them dialing 911.  He lay there gasping for breath as he recovered from the insult.

Ron was clearly having a bad neuropathy day.  He could barely get out of bed, and had to take a Neurontin.  Then we had to deal with the side effects.  I won't say more, except to reference paragraph 2.  Eventually, it did take the edge off and I can hear him snoring comfortably.

Until that happy moment, Ron suffered.  I could tell he was suffering and I hate it.  I'd rather have a migraine.  Ugh.  I did encourage him to visit my doctor, even though I think 4-5 doctors told them all they can do is give him gabapentin (Neurontin).

Ron hates it, due to the side effects, and also the expense, over $100 a month.  That was not fun.

I did my God Time, spent a little time online, and took a nap.  I had a really odd nightmare.  I have dreams about a house, it's my house and I'm working on it in the dreams.  The house has various problems, a new one every dream, and I work on them.  This time it was plumbing problems.  Odd.

Maybe the house symbolizes my life.  I don't know.

I got up and decided to make up an evangelism goody box for a friend of mine online.  I worked on that for a few hours, and asked Ron to make an appointment to take me to the Post Office tomorrow.

I checked the mail, and got my new wedding ring.  I went from ring size 6.25 to 7.5.  I was having a really hard time removing my old wedding ring.  A size 7 ring worked for a little bit.

I think it's more of a water retention issue.  Clearly, I have gained weight.  I don't dispute that.  But at this weight, before medication, I could wear a size 7.

Anyway, I wear a titanium wedding ring.  The guy who made it does really good custom work but costs about $100 a ring.  I can't afford that, but I did want a titanium wedding ring.

I looked around on Amazon and found one I liked, only $14 with shipping included.  I got that, it arrived today, fits perfectly, and I'm very happy.  I'm considering buying Ron one to match (he is easy, a size 8), but he is always taking his ring off when he uses his portable massager.  Technically, it is a 2-head vibrating percussion massager, not the naughty thing you might consider.



That's one thing he's found that helps the neuropathy.    He loves that thing.  He'd marry it, if he could.  Ron's version is a little different but the same general design.

When he holds the handle, it vibrates and produces an annoying rattle if Ron's wearing his ring.  So, he takes it off.  Sometimes he remembers to put it on.

I don't get upset if he forgets.  The man is clearly, completely, committed to me.  We are always together in public.  The worst case scenario is someone referring to him as my "Dad" again.

That can happen if Ron doesn't wear his ring.  Of course, the rings don't match now.  I will need to think about that.

I like that about me at proper medication levels, I take my time thinking about purchases.  I'm not compelled to be so spend-y.  He seemed to like the way it felt.  I'll think about it.

So, I thought that was cool.  I put on my new ring and admired it all the way back from the mailbox.

The rain today was crazy, we had tons of flooding.  Ron and I had considered going out to eat an inexpensive meal, but changed our minds.  Between the flooding, the neuropathy, the side effects, it would be a lot easier to stay home.  So, we did, and ordered pizza.

Then UPS delivered another case of Bibles.  If my house got "raided", I'd be executed!  Bibles everywhere!  Tracts!

Oh, and I forgot, a case (500 count) of Scripture Booklets arrived.  And my friend was worried she'd "take all your evangelism materials".

Ha!

Thank you, Lord.  I can only assume He thinks I'm doing a good job, so He's giving me lots of material.

No comments: