Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I don't need "thumbs up"

I was just posting on a Christian message board no less, and read quite a bit of hostility.  Someone had come along and posted hostile comments about a company that is overtly Christian.

Poor Chick-fil-a.  It's ironic, really.  They are a good Christian company, take good care of their employees, good food I hear, and they use peanut oil.  The last time I met a peanut, I had a 2 day migraine.  I would love to eat there and support them, but I can't!

I guess I could take Ron, he could eat, and I could have a soda.

When I ate peanuts, sometimes I had symptoms consistent with an allergy, so I really intend to avoid them in the future.  Anaphalaxis is a horrible way to die.

Speaking of death, back to my original thought:  Christians, who stand for the Bible, are being exposed to a tremendous amount of hostility.  It's increasing.  I stopped posting on my local news website as a result.  People were just so hateful.   If I felt God wanted me to continue, I would have, but I felt like He was telling me it was a big waste of time and elevated blood pressure.

All I can do for a hater is pray for them.  They don't want a Bible, and get mad when I say I'm praying, so I silently put them on the prayer list.   If lose my temper (it happens!), I TELL them, and envision them getting all purple and sputtering.  I had someone scream "Don't you pray for me!"  - it was ALL CAPS so I knew they were yelling.  [rolleyes]  I gave up on that - it was pointless to try to debate with people like that.

I don't need "thumbs up" on my work for God.  I should only be seeking HIS approval.  If I'm doing anything for human approval, it will fail.  I can only be strong by doing His will and doing what pleases Him

"Obedience is better than sacrifice"I Samuel 15:22

"Pray without Ceasing" 1 Thessalonians 5:17

"Pray for the 'haters"" Luke 6:28

"Do the work of an evangelist" 2 Timothy 4:5

So, I'll work on that.  My number one job, and I've said it before: My number one job is pleasing God.  


Sure, it's fun when I get a thumbs-up on Facebook when I mention a Bible Handout, but if I'm doing it for human approval I really need to repent and re-examine my motives.  I think I'm good - I'm not getting any conviction during my God Time.

I do know God allows me to battle this horrible mental illness, delusions, ruminations, depressions, etc, to keep me humble.  I can only do what I do, in His power, not mine.

Which brings me to my last verse:


2 Corinthians 12:9

New King James Version (NKJV)
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

5 comments:

meat stick said...

You're as much a hater as anyone else. I wish you could own that and own your own human nature instead of just bashing other people all the time. Interestingly, you like to bash people who push your buttons, most often in the area of sexuality. God is very patient with you, Heather, which is so ironic, since you post as if you personally are God's only real friend and God speaks to you directly, only. Sin of pride much, Heather? You post about it, but not as if it affects you personally. Well, it does. In spades.

Heather Knits said...

Gay people don't push my buttons. If not, why would I ride with a transgendered driver? Deal with gay waiters and baristas?

Let's not forget my handholding and cry session with a lesbian friend, who got dumped, recently. The only thing I said to her "You know my viewpoint" that was it. She seemed a lot happier when she walked away, and stated "Heather, I want someone who loves me the way you love Ron."

Dude, I'm WORRIED ABOUT YOU. All sin leads to hell. I don't care what you're taking to bed, as long as it's not me! LOL Sexual sin is as bad as lying is as bad as coveting, is as bad as swearing.

I'm VERY open about my sin issues, I feel they keep me honest. I can be proud. I fall into self-pity. I curse at times. I get angry about things I should leave to God.

I am baffled why you continue to read. I'm glad you are, and I hope you get something meaningful from my posts, but I worry all I'm doing is raising your blood pressure.

Regardless of what you do, or who you are. God loves you. By extension, I also love you. I am commanded to love you. I am also commanded to warn you, in love.

I'll use the house burning down analogy: if I know your home is burning, and you're asleep in bed, don't you want me to wake you up? That's what I do. Now, am I going to blow up your email with hate? Blow up my blog with it? No! I will warn, love, and pray. That's all I can do.

I would challenge you to find one post where scream about all YOU sinners going to hell. Everyone breathing is a sinner; me included. All sins are equally abhorrent in God's eyes.

I hope I am not raptured before your salvation, but if i am, I hope you'll consider what I've said.

Don't forget, I'm praying for you daily; for you to meet the amazing God I know. To experience His love. For God to open the Bible to you. Stuff like that. (((hugs)))

Heather Knits said...

By the way, you just proved my point about Christians being exposed to hostility. [tips hat]

icebear said...

meatstick is a douche nozzle

Heather Knits said...

God tells us to love everyone, so I do love you, Meatstick.

I am praying for you daily. I want you to have the confidence and security I experience.

God has my back, no matter what. I will live with a loving God forever. I want you to have that; and pray you find Him.