Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Does God want me taking medication?

No one's ever asked me this, but it's a good question, I think:

How do I know God wants me on medication?  After all, many medications are overprescribed.  They seem to have a "syndrome" for everything.  Some side effects can kill me, or make my life a living hell.  [see post about hives here:  Hive photos ]

God surely doesn't want me dependent on a tablet for my peace of mind.  I should be getting that from Him, right?

Well, some thoughts:

God tells us to love one another.  I couldn't do that before medication.  I had no love in my heart for anyone, including my husband.   Afterward, well, I'm handing out Bibles I bought, to complete strangers, because I don't want them to go to hell.

Love is patient and kind.  I was impatient and hateful.  Love does not envy, parade itself, puffed up, rude, seek it's own, and love is not easily provoked, and thinks no evil.  Let me tell you, I was ALL of that without medication.  source  I have a lot more patience, better communication, and I think I am far more who God wants me to be.

Jesus says love your neighbor.  I hated my neighbor, because I just KNEW he was out to GET me.  Now, I can pray for him, even the one who trashed my siding or kept me up all night.

I could give many more examples.

After medication, my husband is happily married.  People want to spend time with me.  My family take my calls instead of sending me to voicemail.  I feel much more peace.  I have a better spiritual life.  I can actually think, for a change, and seek God's will.

Most telling, I went from highly infrequent, single-Bible handouts every few years, to Bible Distribution on a massive scale, AFTER starting medication.


No comments: