Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Well, that hasn't happened for a while

 At times I have had problems with my hands shaking, particularly when I needed to do something in the work app or online.  It hasn't happened in a while.  

I woke up with a pretty persistent headache about an hour ago and took some OTC pain medicine which of course has about 130 mg of caffeine.  

Just now I paid my gas and electric bills online.  And I battled horrific problems with shaking hands I could barely input what I needed.  And one bill was due today I had to get it done.  

It was hideous.  

I remember when I worked at an agency that handled, in part, disability claims and one thing the Social Security guru was always doing he had a thing going with former data entry operators who were out on disability for hand/wrist issues.  When they went to work doing something else he had a thing with Social Security where they said they were saving $$ out of their check to pay for a speech to text program so they could get back into data entry, and the program was not cheap.  

God forbid I may need something like that one day.  That was awful, just now.  

I have a family history of essential tremor - it was bad enough my mother, a professional musician, had to stop playing piano.  Other family members have required botox injections in their arms and hands.  If that wasn't enough the medication I take to stay alive also causes/aggravates tremor.  

I just hope I can use my hands the rest of the day!  So far I seem to be OK typing at least.  

No comments: