Friday, September 20, 2024

Thursday's my long day

 But I made it.  The boss was there for most of it which was exhausting.  I will work, and work hard, but micromanaging...

I took an anonymous employee survey recently.  I gave a hard fail to the following questions: Do I feel appreciated?  Do I feel respected?  Do I feel like I can make a mistake?  Do I feel like I make enough money for the work I do?  

Aldi is going to be paying I believe $18 an hour to their starting people now but they are currently only hiring for temporary seasonal work.  Walmart in Houston is not paying that much.  

For someone with pride issues, I have a very hard time seeing good in myself.  But I am a very loyal person.  That loyalty is not infinite.  

My pay has got to go up, especially if someone gets elected this year.  

Basically my worst nightmare going to see my Dad is 1.  Getting stuck out in California for some reason or 2.  A severe weather event impacts Houston while I am gone.  

And there is a tropical thing brewing up in the Gulf.  But the Gulf Coast is very, very, long.  My insurance is paid up that's all I can do.  I will also make a run through the house and make sure everything is up off the floor in case I flood (very unlikely).  

I am going to contact my cat sitter today and try to arrange a meet up.  I have her deposit.  She didn't ask for a deposit but it only seems fair to give her half up front and she didn't say "no" to that, either.  

I woke up at 4, unfortunately with a headache so I had to take a (caffeine containing) headache pill.  I have been up ever since.  I am going to go back to bed and try to catch a little more sleep.  

That's it for now!  

No comments: