Sunday, September 15, 2024

Birthday list

I don't know if it's just me but Mom always wants a list for holidays.  I have eclectic tastes so I can see why.  This birthday list has a light smattering of makeup, some jojoba oil (small enough to fly), rosewater (same), various exotic spices, a few cat things, and a power bank for charging cell phones.  

I went to bed for a while, woke up and having a look at my packing.  I have a few small gifts.  A dress and some flats.  Underwear, shorts (one pair), a couple pair socks.  That's most of the main body of the backpack.  I have headache pills and a couple lipsticks in an outer pocket, a hairbrush.  I am very picky about my hairbrush I need the kind with the very stiff plastic bristles.  I can't always find them, either.  

I don't need to worry about soap and shampoo.  We can go to Walmart for the hair stuff.  I am going to wear jeans and a graphic t shirt with cats.  I think I can wedge a couple Texas themed graphic t-s in there.  

I have some cute tank tops but I will run that by Mom first.  They are in their 80's and may not want to see me in a tank top which I totally get.  But I think that will work.  I'm pretty sure I can wedge the laptop in there too.  

But they're not far from a Walmart so I don't need to worry about it.  It's like when Ron and I went to Galveston, Galveston has a Walmart so you don't need to worry about 90% of it.  

I'll also bring some drink mix packets and an empty Gatorade bottle.  I have a straight flight out from Houston so I'm not worried about layovers, and Dad loves to schedule short layovers.  So I have a short layover on the way home.  

But I'm happy it looks like I can just take the backpack which will be a lot easier.  

That's it for now!  

No comments: