Sunday, September 15, 2024

I finally remembered when I was around a computer

 Parts of my life haven't been normal.  I never really dated until I met my husband and he was blind.  He didn't care what I looked like as long as I didn't embarrass him (sloppy/dirty).  

And I was with him nearly 30 years.  Another thing he didn't like me getting attention it made him feel very threatened and then he'd lash out, so I did the little brown mouse in the corner routine for a very long time.  Plain ponytail, no makeup, baggy clothes, etc.  

So now I'm on my own, and I'm making changes.  I actually want to look good for a change which is massive.  I'm doing the upper lip treatment, the whitening toothpaste, dying my hair, wearing it down, wearing lipstick and occasional eyeshadow.  

I have found that I can do eye shadow riding the bus in a Houston summer.  I had my doubts but it's still there at the end of the day.  I wouldn't try that with eyeliner or mascara, though.  Or foundation!  That would sweat off in a MINUTE!  

So I want the right man to notice me.  Not Buddy - my Bible study reminded me the other day I can't be unequally yoked which means every unsaved man is a big fat NO.  Even if he's a seeker.  Sorry, Buddy.  I like him and I like talking to him, I like the attention.  But  that's it.  

Anyway it got me thinking.  Getting a man's attention (and oh I wish I had "pest" control so I could put comments back for this one).  

The way I see it makeup has two angles for a woman.  Maybe 3 if you count the "natural" look.  Sweet (low key, hair back, subdued makeup)) or spicy (hair down, bold lipstick and eyeshadow).  Which one to do?  

Now part of me says I've already pretty much committed to "spicy" with the bright red hair.  But is that the look a guy wants?  Is he more attracted to the sweet low key gal or the spicy bold one?  

Maybe sweet until marriage and then spicy on date night?  

Sweet, or spicy?  

I don't know!  

No comments: