Sunday, September 15, 2024

Stove top breakfast

I am making breakfast casserole.  

I have always been a little unusual I think.  As you know I had a lot of food deprivation/insecurity as a baby and toddler that didn't really resolve until I was about 5.  

I don't know if it's due to that but I am just never hungry in the morning, when I get up.  Never.  If I eat a big meal first thing it makes me queasy.  

Most work days I get up around 3.  I am not really hungry until 7 or 8.  The other day at work I was daydreaming and thought how nice it would be to have a breakfast bowl with hash browns, sausage, bacon, eggs, and shredded cheese.  And I thought, "I can make that".  

So I got the components.  I am currently cooking the hash browns right now.  I don't know if it is the brand or just hash browns in general but they are cooking up as browned mashed potatoes.  They look good, though, just not what I see as "hash browns".  But crispy brown potatoes with onions are crispy brown potatoes with onions.  

Once I'm done with the hash browns I will be cooking the sausage and then the eggs in the sausage/grease.  I am portioning as I go I want 8 servings.  

If I'm ambitious I will cook the ground beef for the taco casserole tonight, then it's just assembly work tomorrow night for that after work.  

I have a wonderful cast iron skillet and an old gas stove.  I feel like I can cook anything on that stove top!  

No comments: