Monday, September 2, 2024

A lot about work politics and CYA

 When I got hired there were 2 "old timers".  A had been there forever; I had a bad experience with her as a customer she was very rude and Ron almost got hurt.  J had been there a while as well, she was very bossy, not instructive at all.  

Basically Walmart, and my coworkers, threw me in the deep end and I had to figure everything out for myself.  J has a reputation for doing a certain job.  I figured out how to do it better.  She is feeling very threatened as a result.  A got fired for being lazy and J is not far behind.  

J is probably best known for cussing me out, shouting at me, treating me badly.  I either avoid her or walk away.  I don't argue with her.  I just go in and do my job.  

One night she took credit for quite a bit of work I had done.  The next day the boss showed me the work and said I had to step it up and be a good worker like J.  I didn't argue because I didn't have proof, but every day I take multiple pictures of what I've done so J can't take credit again.  If it comes up I have lots and lots of pictures.  I also send a picture to Chief Snitch every night and I know those go right to the boss as well.  

So I navigated all that today.  Also, the boss came in (on her day off) to help out.  I don't know if she'll take another day instead or what.  

I had problems getting home but I made it.  I took my medication at lunch and that worked out pretty well.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: