Wednesday, September 18, 2024

I decided to dump the whole litter box

 And clean it; so that's done.  Then I just need to scoop every day.  I will also need to get more litter.  

But today shouldn't be too bad.  I'm assuming I will be pretty tired when I got home as I got up at 1:30 this morning.  

Time to finish up that box!  I can't let it air dry as it's the primary box for my gang.  

That was pretty funny.  It takes 20 pounds of litter to fill up the box, it's an xl size from Chewy.  From what I recall it came in a huge shipping box.  Anyway I had one bag left of the Fresh Step and 4 bags of Scoop Away.  So I used one of each.  

It's been my experience, the cats don't care what litter I use.  It matters to me, cleaning it out, do the clumps stay together, but as long as there is something sand-like to dig the cats will use it.  One reason I have never had potted plants in the house.  

But I felt like a chemist mixing ammonia and bleach when I put the two bags together!  Of course nothing happened, it's cat litter, but it is all done up for the cats.  I have found it helpful to put the litter box on top of an old pee pad as well.  I had them leftover from when I had Ron, the package was opened so I figured no one would want them.  So I hung onto them.  They've proven useful enough I will keep getting them.  

Baby Girl was the only cat really picky about litter.  She wanted unscented only.  And only Frosty liked the wood pellets litter.  

Plenty of dust and ick to go around cleaning all that up, sweeping the house, cleaning out the fridge.  I won't be taking the trash out next week so if it's going out it had to be today - so I got that out as well (me in my loud yellow bathrobe at 4 AM).  

So now, shower time!  Wash day for my hair and I need to shave my legs as well (not that anyone will see them).  And, happily, the house does not smell like fried potatoes and cat pee.  

That's it for now!  

No comments: