Thursday, February 29, 2024

Thursday morning

Yesterday I only worked 5.5 hours so I didn't get a lunch.  I felt it, not hungry but just beat down when I left.  

The homeless guy was at the bus stop drinking and was asking me questions about where I lived and could I rent him a room (HELL NO but I didn't say that).  That would be horrific.  And then I would have to go to court to evict him.  No no no.  But it goes to show an alcoholic can spot an enabler a mile away and yet another good reason I don't want to date.  

My rides both ways were OK but a customer pitched a hissy fit at one of the cash registers and got herself banned for 2 years.  The cashier ringing her was one of the nicest, sweetest, ladies in the entire store.  I thought it was sad all the associates converged on it wanting to watch the action.  Me, my instinct is to get away from something like that.  

I had the "nice" boss for most of the day which helped.  They had me stay after my shift ended to do some things.  I don't know if they are going to have me take a longer lunch today or what, but it almost bumped me over 6 hours which gets tricky with the computer as I'm required to take a lunch. 

I start later today so all new drivers going to work.  It should be interesting.  More when I get to work!   

No comments: