Thursday, February 1, 2024

It's not just the one boss (Welcome to the Jungle)

 A team lead asked me to do something that requires a device and printer ,(handheld), took the printer all day, and texts me when I'm off scolding.  I am not 100% sure on this but pretty certain it is ILLEGAL to discipline an employee when they are OFF THE CLOCK.  

But it taught me a valuable lesson: document, document, document.  What I should have done around 3 PM is text her and say "Sorry I will not be able to do the thing because I don't have a printer".  Then it is on the record.  

What is on the record I texted her twice yesterday and also called with no answer when I needed help with something else and CRICKETS.  

So now I know, and I need to think for a little bit on is that a culture I want.  Sure the stock split 3 ways, but I have never (including Ron) worked for a company I wanted to buy their stock.  You know me, I'm probably going to put it into evangelism.  

And that got me thinking I need to go back to Acres Homes and do another Handout.  De Soto and Antoine is as bad as ever, apparently, and there is a very good food truck there too.  "The worker is worthy of his wages".  LOL  

I got my groceries after work.  I signed a nondisclosure agreement when I went to work for the company so all I can say I prefer to get my food at this store.  I will get things like trail mix, energy bars, protein powder where I work but that is about it.  Maybe some fancy cheese.  

I bought some double pointed needles yesterday so I can make hats and cell phone holders.  I think that would be fun.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: