Friday, February 23, 2024

Friday morning

 I love Friday mornings, I get to sleep in for a change.  The people on the bus are crazy no matter the hour so that's not a factor either.  

I have seen a huge uptick in very bad behavior on the bus lately.  People getting aggressive because they felt they were "dissed" (I am thinking of one white guy in particular), etc.  It is sad I have to bring at least one weapon (I was told I can bring pepper spray to work so I will admit to that) with me when I ride.  

Although pepper spray on a confined bus is going to be a cluster...[cough].  Only as a last resort.  

Yesterday it was very crazy I think the refund checks hit and everyone wanted to spend it on nonessentials.  I was very affected.  

My feet were OK at work but once I got off I told Ace to come 45 minutes later, and my feet were killing me waiting outside.  We got rid of the benches due to the homeless population, the store is overrun.  We are near some "good" begging spots apparently.  So I had to stand on the hard concrete.  I also had to stay vigilant so I didn't get assaulted or robbed (I was not wearing my vest).  

I am going to have to ask God to fill me up with His love today for my customers and fellow workers.  Yesterday took a lot out of me.  

I can't talk about some aspects of my job but expect it will be a little quieter today in some ways.  

Ideally I will do a Bible Handout tomorrow the weather should be lovely.  That's it for now.  

No comments: