Friday, February 16, 2024

I actually got a rare attagirl.

 They have cut hours at my store which means they are sending shifts home early, leaving the store basically unattended.  They did that yesterday most of my team was sent home early.  

My primary boss came by and literally dumped a huge pile of work on me, left, came back an hour later.  "It looks very good, where did it all go?"  "I did it"  (she said something approving I forget what probably "Keep it up".  

I bought way too much clearance chocolate yesterday but I wanted to give it to my favorite people, like my bank.  I did that on my way home you should have seen the teller grin.  They have really helped me out a lot over the years like cashing that check made out to Ron-Deceased, and me.  

I also plan to run by the pharmacy and get a pneumonia vax.  If my insurance is paying for them that's one I want; when Ron was in shock trauma ICU (as opposed to the other ICU's he visited) a lot of the patients developed pneumonia.  I wouldn't want extreme measures but I sure don't want pneumonia.  So I will see about that, drop off some chocolate (with a receipt) either way (yes/no).  I wore a loose fitting t shirt so it is easy to give me the jab.  

I brought my knitting as well and a skein of yarn if I decide to make a quick cell phone holder this weekend (crochet).  I found my little bag of notions in the garage recently, that has my needle sizer, tape measure (a tiny one), yarn needles, crochet hook for dropped stitches, etc. I was happy to see it again.  That is in with my knitting.  

The project for Mom is rather tedious it is all garter stitch but I don't think I could manage a pattern, I work it when I can like on my break, or on the bus, it would be too hard picking it up again.  I plan to do a fancy lace border.  I have sent her pictures she seems excited.  

I plan to bring it when I visit as I don't trust the Houston Post Office right now.  So I will have time to make a matching hat, fingerless gloves, and maybe a cell phone holder as well.  But first I have to finish the wrap.  

I asked, and Mom agreed, she does not one of those huge shawls.  She is a petite lady and doesn't need a big thing.  So it will only be about a foot wide and 5 feet long.  

And I need to go (posting from home for a change!) 


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are getting your hours cut you need to STOP buying chocolate to give out to people. This is the time to batten down the hatches so to speak because you are living on a shoe string as it is. Have you talked to your aunt about calling customer retention to get a discount on your cable and internet bills yet?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have moved onto your next obsessive compulsive behavior which is knitting. Now you will be buying too much yarn and then this to will fall by the wayside. Are you sure you are taking all your medications?

Heather Knits said...

The chocolate is only $3. My aunt just had foot surgery I am not going to bother her with this

Anonymous said...

You're so supportive...smh

Anonymous said...

STOP buying chocolate. Lol

Heather Knits said...

It's pretty much gone now. I won't buy any more until after Easter