Tuesday, February 27, 2024

So, yesterday

 I went to work and bought my usual $4 six pack of Diet Dew, went over to the ATM to get a $20 for later (I also wanted to buy a lotto ticket from the gas station, the $1 quick pick, and like to pay cash for that).  It declined the transaction but did let me buy the soda.  

I had to figure out my cell phone payment as that was coming out.  But I didn't have it, clearly.  One poster asked what happened.  I don't know I just got sloppy.  

My aunt thought maybe my account had been hacked when we found a $87 transaction to a mysterious company with only a few letters for the name.  We went back and forth on that for a while via text (so professional of me, and the manager I had for the day was beyond kind for that, praise God it was not my usual boss), I finally figured out it was the gas bill which has a 3rd party payment.  

Then I had to figure out how to pay the actual bill.  They were going to cut me off at midnight.  I've mentioned there is a store on my way home, so when I left I went by.  They had a "We take AmEx" sticker in the window (the only credit card I had in my wallet) BUT it declined.  

So I had to go home and check because I should have a couple hundred on that.  I did, it was fine, the system just didn't want AmEx.  I tried to do it online which took a minute but I did get it using another credit card (good argument for more than one credit card).  After that I was pretty wiped out.  

Now, out of all this, another driver I normally NEVER take did get a Gospel bag.  So maybe that was the whole point of God allowing this to happen - I screwed up, 100% but He worked it for good.  

I also got a violation letter from the HOA about my grass which was cut a few days ago so that's fine.  I talked to my parents they are fine.  

I was exhausted and went to bed early.  I slept pretty well (woke up about 3 times) but feel pretty rested in spite of a headache.  

I left my phone off in case the boss calls; I did call in to the system so she will see it on her phone when she looks at the "roster".  I am debating telling her the truth I needed a mental health day (she will understand the concept even if it isn't an option when you call-in) or just tell her I had a headache which is true but not 100% it.  I will play it by ear.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: