Monday, February 5, 2024

10% chance of rain, my butt!

 I heard a frenzy of barking several times while getting ready and was a little worried about loose dogs.  I did not encounter any.  

Yesterday I saw a black cat run over by a car it was very sad, and I feel awful for the family.  As I passed the house this morning I whispered a little prayer for it, and saw an identical cat sitting on the porch looking very depressed.  I whispered my condolences as it was 5 am and I didn't want to wake anyone.

I did not wait long at the bus.  I can't say why because someone could get fired but I was 100% safe.  

It was an uneventful ride to work and my drivers were thrilled with the New Testament+ candy in a Ziploc quart bag.  That was fun.  Tomorrow I will write "praying for you daily" on an index card for them as I did not do that this morning.

We have a gas station in our parking lot.  Last week I bought a $1 lotto ticket and that was fun even though I didn't win.  So I went in and had him pick out a $1 quick pick game for me.  He will get half if I win, even if it's only a few dollars.  I have the ticket in my wallet.  

I don't know who is working today I will find out in an hour or so.  

I brought my lunch.  That's it for now!  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That could be one of your cats one day being run over by a car or attacked by a dog since they roam free.

Heather Knits said...

Yes and that is why I want to fix the catio.

Anonymous said...

It's been at least 5 years. If you haven't fixed it by now chances are you won't. Now cry poverty in 3, 2, 1....

Anonymous said...

I bet you never did look up LIHEAP Energy bill assistance for low-income. At least go to the website and look at programs to help you save money.

Anonymous said...

Do YOU work part time at Walmart?

Anonymous said...

Advice not asked for is useless.