Thursday, February 29, 2024

Made it to work ok

 I have been debating how to share this; last night on my way home I caught one of my neighbors hurting a stray cat.  It was able to run away, though.  

There are 2 cats I know of, I need to help them without putting my guys at risk.  

Speaking of my guys the night before last I was sleeping in bed, on my right side, my hand facing up in front of me.

Cleo came in through the cat door and dropped a live lizard in my hand!  I woke up pretty quick!  It is still running around the bedroom.

I am touched because she loves to eat lizards and usually eats them the minute she catches them, so it was a very big deal to bring it to me.  I am honored.  

At work; going to be a long day.  A young man on the bus flipped me off as I was looking out the window.  I handed out a couple of Gospel bags which made me happy.  I went with "The way to God" booklet for everything today.

I am going to try to pee one more time as it's not always promised once I start.  

That's it for now!  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do realize that could happen to your cats because they are allowed to go outside? What was the neighbor doing to the cat and why didn't you call the police? It us a crime to hurt animals.

Heather Knits said...

Well this cat was friendly. Mine wouldn't get within 100 feet of a neighbor. I don't know what he did but I heard it scream and then run off. I didn't call the police because they are overwhelmed and I didn't actually SEE the abuse.

I assume he kicked it

Anonymous said...

Horrible to hurt an animal like that. I know you don't like dogs, but I think you'd like mine--he's a runt (males of his kind, a foreign street dog, are 45 pounds or so, he's 20) and street dog and was friends with cats on the streets and acts cat like (how he sits, cleans himself etc.) but he's missing fur and whiskeys where people cut/burned him. Tragic stuff.

Uber Joe

Heather Knits said...

Well I am scared of dogs to be honest I saw a boy mauled by a German Shepherd at the bus stop when I was about 7.

I am OK with small/medium friendly dogs the other thing I'm not crazy about the barking.

But #6 (not the abuser) has some sort of puppy now and it sounds cute. I am guessing some sort of little yapper dog.

Last and most important: days I work I am gone 13 hours a day. That is NOT fair to a dog they need an owner around Biscuit is happy to see me morning and evening, sleep on me at night. If I remarry and cut my hours, he wants to get a small, cat friendly dog I would be down with it.

Anonymous said...

If you remarry and cut your hours? LOL you only work part time as it is. With a dog you can't just throw it outside and let it roam around the neighborhood all day and night, so that probably won't work for you.

Anonymous said...

You have no idea what happened to the cat because you didn't see anything. But your post made it seemed like you witnessed something horrific. And your cats could be trapped by someone or poisoned or attacked by a dog or another cat or animal so yes bad things can happen to your cats regardless of the fact that they don't trust people.

Heather Knits said...

I heard it, that was bad enough.

Heather Knits said...

2 hours each way on the bus adds up, and I am up to about 35 hours now.