Thursday, February 15, 2024

Mental illness and demons

 When it comes to mental illness I believe genetics load the gun and something in the environment pulls the trigger.  Not only that, when the trigger is pulled it often opens a spiritual door that allows demons in.  

I know at times I was convinced Ron was being controlled by a demon.  Alcohol can open the door, as well.  

But even in my own life, at my worst I was hallucinating (hearing music that wasn't there, feeling bugs on my skin, etc.).  It was awful.  I had terrible thoughts that sure didn't come from God, etc.  

Interesting note: the minute I started on medication it slammed the door and it all stopped.  I am fine, as long as I continue to take my medication.  It "bars the door" which is not a popular belief in Christian circles.  I was told I should manage my problems with prayer and fasting.  

I hear a lot of nonsense about mental health drugs, active shooters, etc.  A prescription does not mean someone was taking it.  Had they I bet they wouldn't have done whatever horrible act.  

But there is a strong spiritual component as well, demons hate us all and I think that's where a lot of the self-mutilation problems come from.  The demons want to mar the image God gave us.  

So, my theory: there is a genetic disposition to demonic influence which can manifest in mental illness.  When the proper medication is taken, seeking God in your daily life, dramatic improvement.  

At least for me.  

No comments: