Monday, February 12, 2024

It was a crazy day

 Even for me.  

I left the house got to bus stop.  I have a small handheld stun gun, one end is business and the other is a flashlight.  I had it in my hand so I could signal the driver with the flashlight because the stop is very dark.  A man approached with a backlava (?) over his face, all you could see were his eyes but it was very dark so I couldn't tell race or anything.  He came up behind me, I turned to the side and stepped back so I could see him, still holding the stun gun in my hands.  He stepped back when he saw it and then went about 20 feet away watching me wait for the bus.  

The bus pulls up, I pocket the stun gun.  The guy DOES NOT get on the bus.  So I have to assume he was up to no good.  The (middle aged, male) bus driver agreed.  

After that I got to work OK.  I had an awful depression all day it was fed by the constant diet of Valentines ads on the overhead radio and the incessant love songs.  

I was also told tomorrow I have to do the hopeless task that is never good enough for them so nothing to look forward to - the other girl was rude and borderline abusive to me.  

I decided I was going to buy a lotto ticket, damnit, so I went to the gas station after work but the line was horrendous.  There is another gas station across the street but the sidewalk is tricky, and, sure enough, I took a header and fell on my face on some grass outside the station.  I got up, very embarrassed, I have a bruise on my left knee but praise God no abrasions (thank God it was grass!), went in, got my ticket, came out, and I had missed the bus.  

The next bus was very crowded.  I had to sit next to the homeless guy.  Then the bus driver announces there is a problem and they have to take a detour.  The bus erupts in uproar.  He explained what he was going to do and everyone was OK with that.  It took time out of our trip but we eventually got to my transfer spot.  

This spot is a bus stop that serves several routes.  So, again, I handed out candy to anyone who stopped, all were delighted, some overtly touched, one lady almost in tears.  I squeezed her hand and patted it before I got off again.  

Finally, my bus.  I had an uneventful ride home.  My parents are busy so I will talk when they call, which seems to be "later" today.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: