Saturday, February 17, 2024

Hopefully last night was a turning point

 I ate a big meal before work which I like to do when I work a night shift.  

So I didn't care about a break or when I got my lunch.  More on work in a minute.  

I was listening to all the love songs and I realized I really am bipolar in my attitude toward love.  On the one hand I would love it if I had someone in my life, on the other I don't want to deal with someone trying to control me.  

TBH I think I am too willful for a relationship.  Guys only like the spunky woman who does her own thing, in the romance novel.  Most guys want someone like Linda at work, whatever her husband says is gospel and she never goes against him.  

Me: "I'm going to Acres Homes for a Bible Handout".  

Ron: "Don't go it's dangerous".  

Me: "I'm going, are you coming?  Or we can go to Greenspoint and get you some fried chicken after"  

Ron:  "Let me brush my hair".  

But I think any man who loves me is going to have a problem with me putting myself in danger - and I do, even just riding the bus to work every day.  I understand that, but I have to follow God first.  And if He tells me to go I am going.  

Plus I am a slob.  Not a hoarder I am very careful with that, unlike my brother and sister.  But the house is a mess.  

I am just not motivated to step up and do a lot of cleaning right after a long week at work.  

I did get going on the laundry and going to take a nap now.  

I did that; I must have been wiped out because I slept for 4 hours.  

I did finish the laundry.  

Moderately depressed but I will make it.  That's it for now.  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you had to keep a clean house to keep your man happy, would you make the effort?
Most men, my dad, my husband, expect a clean house and food on the table.

Heather Knits said...

Honestly speaking now I don't think I could do that with what I have on my plate. A hot meal every night + spic and span + work + evangelism + riding the bus. Even at my best I could do pretty well but not up to a lot of standards, I think. There's always something needs work around here.

Anonymous said...

You must likely would have a man who could drive. That would change your life. Would you be willing to change for him?

Heather Knits said...

I have been thinking (even before your post). I know with Ron he always said 2 things would make him leave, if I was messy and if I gained weight. I was already messy but I know all my weight issues go back to do I want to be attractive to men?

Right now I am scared to death of another relationship.

Anonymous said...

Oh man. Why are people leaving such rude comments? You don't have to change for anybody except for Jesus who died for us. It's between you and God. -star_tigress

Heather Knits said...

It wasn't really rude at me but talking about what I could expect in bed when I remarry. LOL. I think I allow a fair bit but not that.