Monday, October 1, 2018

"get myself" there

I didn't sleep well last night, I went to bed late (got stuck doing laundry, I had to run a soak cycle on some of Ron's clothes), got to bed, kept waking up, sigh.  You get the idea. 

I had a hard time getting up this morning. 

We went to work.  There was a "limited" client in the front seat.  She seemed to have a hard time keeping her tongue in her mouth, every time I looked at her part of it was showing. 

Ron wasn't happy because the driver was listening to NPR.  He doesn't like liberal radio programs, but, guess what, nearly all the drivers are liberal.  So some things you just have to endure.  I was just glad it wasn't one of those morning "programs" where they do hateful racist stuff about white people and conservatives, make a "boing" noise, play a laugh track, and the driver laughs.  I am sitting right there.  They are attacking me, my race, my morals, my president, my beliefs, my values.  If I were listening to a program that did that about "yours" you would try to have me thrown off the service. 

And then Ron started yelling at God to hurry up, some people were "slow" (because they don't get saved), God needs to put them "in the slow class" etc.  Kept going on about "slow" and the slow client is right there in the front seat looking at him.  I was still a little foggy from my lack of sleep, and taking my medication this morning.  I couldn't figure out a way to tell Ron there was a slow client in the front seat, without the front seat client hearing it.  She didn't seem to mind, though.  She just sat there with her tongue sticking out, looking around. 

We got to work.  Snacks didn't need much except for some candy bar work.  I got started on helping Ron with his work. 

If I don't help him first off, he gets bored waiting and tries to do too much, hurting his back.  So it's better to get him done first. 

I did that.  I was happy to see I was "busy" when that strange woman came in, the one who accused me of being pampered and "not understanding what (life) was really like" - because, [rolleyes] of course I have never suffered hardship in my life.  She is obviously "off" so I would just as soon avoid her.  When she came in I made a point of being very busy "helping Ron".  She went and bothered someone else, instead. 

I also got the delivery and stocked it, fixed a vending machine (it ate $1), etc.  Then I did my work.  I finished up finally and we went home. 

I was pretty tired of course, so I took a nap.  I woke up with a headache.  I hate that.  Naps should be for relaxation, not grounds for a headache. 

I even slept late.  I had Biscuit in the bed so it was easy to stay in bed and cuddle with him.  I finally got up and took something, then got Ron ready to go. 

He had gotten drunk when he got home, and ate a bunch of cashews instead of waiting for dinner. 

Our driver was half an hour late.  He is a likeable man.  But.  One time Ron offered to buy his wife "a meal" from Denny's.  She went in and ordered the most expensive thing on the menu, a $20 steak.  Ron was pretty upset.  Then she went around bragging to all the other drivers how "Mr Ron bought me a steak" - trying to imply we play favorites.  She even asked me once if I gave my candy to all the drivers or just my favorites.  She was upset when I told her all the drivers. 

So, I'm not too happy with her.  I was really upset when her husband told me, everytime they eat out, they get the 2 (tiny) steaks for $20 meal.  So she knows how to eat on a budget, she just chose to waste our money.  This is one of the primary reasons I was getting upset with Ron buying the drivers dinner, some of them, like her, were clearly taking advantage. 

I told him, and he's OK with this, give the driver a $10 bill if you want, then they can go buy whatever they want.  But they can't "spend" more than you'd like if you give them cash.  He has done that once or twice, since. 

The man also wants to be one of our supply transport drivers but, frankly, I think he is too fat.  We need someone who can do "heavy" (40 pounds) lifting, bending, reaching, etc.  He has such a huge belly I don't think he can do that safely without harming his back.  And I don't want to get on the hook for "ruining" someone's back.   I told Ron all this in private, away from him, and Ron agrees. 

The two guys we have now are about average weight and should be able to do the job for a long time to come. 

With Chuck, I do the lifting.  He has many physical problems so I don't ask him to do any lifting. 

The driver told us his computer was down and he kept fooling with it and trying to talk to the dispatcher on the radio.  We were already late, he knew where we were going, but he had it in his head he "had" to have the dispatcher "perform" his trip for him.  Maybe he was worried about it affecting his on-time performance, but he came half an hour late so he will get in trouble for it,anyway. 

He took the exit and we got stuck behind the street sweepers.  God only knows why they decided to clean the off ramp at 4 PM in the afternoon.  It took a good 10 minutes to go a couple hundred yards.  Ugh! 

We finally got the restaurant.  The manager sat us, he was very friendly.  He brought our drinks and took my order.  Ron said he didn't want anything at first, but he changed his mind later and asked for the $12 steak, well done, with grilled onions and loaded mashed potatoes. 

We got our food and I ate until I was full.  Then I checked Ron's order to make sure it was OK.  It was perfect.  Our driver came right on time and we left. 

I had to give the money and the bill to a different waitress we know pretty well, because we had to leave and we couldn't wait on the waiter to come back out. 

I am sure she got it to him.  But I didn't give it to him, so there's that little question mark. 

We had a straight trip home with a nice driver.  I liked her a lot.  We went inside.  I took out some trash and put the leftovers in the fridge.  Ron will have fun eating his steak and potatoes in the middle of the night.  He doesn't cut up his steak, he kind of chews at it like a barbarian. 

Better to do that at home. 

He doesn't want to go anywhere tomorrow.  I need to get some jeans for this fall/winter.  I found 1 pair that fit (my size hasn't changed much in the last several years), but I need another 1-2 pairs just to cover the bases.  Hopefully I can find some plus sized jeans.  Walmart got rid of the plus sized department and it has been a tremendous hassle for me to find pants that fit, as a result.  But they recently put up a huge "Plus sizes" sign in the middle of the clothing area so hopefully they are going to bring it back. 

I also need to get a couple of bras.  The ones I have are pitiful.  They are still up to the job but should be retired for general use.  That will take a while, shopping and trying things on, so I would have left Ron at home for that anyway. 

I told him all this, and the fact I plan to "get myself" there tomorrow.  He gave me money for a cab, each way (with a generous tip), relieved I was not going to ask him to schedule it with paratransit. 

I don't now how long it will take, finding clothes.  It could take forever.  Or it could take 20 minutes.  I don't know about trying things on, either. 

I am mildly manic (I would say 90% of it is gone by now) so I have the energy and the interest to do this.  Might as well get it done. 

I should have an OK time getting home as it will be the middle of the week.  Weekend paid cab trips are horrible, later in the day is really bad, but midday on a weekday should be OK. 

I would go even earlier but the fitting room isn't open very early anymore. 

The cats are good, they have been hanging out a lot with Ron.  Torbie took over a new case of Bibles (it is about 1/2 depleted, she likes to climb in and sleep on the Bibles).  She is so cute at it I don't have the heart to get mad at her. 

Even Ron says she just wants to be close to God. 

No comments: