Monday, October 8, 2018

Columbus day

A holiday for some, but not for us. 

We had an early pickup from home - actually, I should back track to last night. 

NO music from next door.  Maybe they read the blog.  I slept OK but woke up exhausted.  Ron dressed himself today (had some cat hair on his shirt, which I didn't catch until we left). 

Our ride was late but not too bad.  It was the guy who is always late.  I talked to him, briefly, about politics (see other post). 

We got to work and saw the other vendors.  They were getting a soda delivery today.  I helped Ron stock first, that has proven much more helpful - he doesn't hurt himself trying to stock, he isn't bored waiting on me, my work can generally wait. 

I helped him and then did my work.  We had planned to take a big jar of change to the bank, today.  Suddenly, I realized, "It's a Federal Holiday, the bank is closed".  I told Ron, who said some profanity, picked up his phone, and adjusted the trip. 

He is allowed 5 changes a month.  Thank God we didn't take the big jar of change to the bank.  We left the change where it was. 

I finished my work and we went outside.  We had a new driver.  He was OK, did a good job strapping the wheelchair, but the vehicle had a nasty shimmy when it idled, I found disturbing.  I kept expecting a large engine cough and it to die. 

We got home and I got Ron inside.  We were both pretty beat, and took a nap.  Torbie slept with me, like she did last night.  I love sleeping with Torbie.  She's a lot of fun, sleeping in my bed with me - I can pet her, she grooms herself, good times. 

I got up early and took a shower before we went out to eat.  Ron got up and got into the vodka. 

I have to figure he doesn't care if he kills himself, mixing things.  If he does, he does.  I can't stop him if he really has a mind to do it.  He will only die when it is his time to do so. 

We left and went to Chilis.  The driver wanted to talk politics - I think it is because I am obviously a conservative.  I did not except to say the grocery store Ford said she went to had not even opened for 4 years after the incident happened.  I talked to my aunt and nailed down plans for tomorrow. 

It took forever to see our waitress, she was really busy.  It turns out she was covering half the restaurant.  That's a lose lose proposition.  Service will be slow, which will lead to bad tips. 

Another server put our order in and we got our food with plenty of time to eat, that's all that mattered.  I got the chili burger again, although I gave serious thought to chicken strips.  Ron got a steak, glad to see him eating red meat. 

We ate our food and had plenty of time to pay, etc. before we left.  We had a nice driver to come home.  He is single, and looking to date.  He was very encouraged to hear Ron and I have a 20 year age difference because he is interested in a younger woman. 

I was a little discouraged at his obvious shock when I told him about the age difference.  Do I really look like I'm in my 60's?  Because Ron looks every minute of his age.  At any rate, he was delighted to hear it can work. 

We came inside.  Ron ate some of his leftovers and put them in the zip top bag.  You would be hard pressed to find a more disgusting way to package food.  Mashed potatoes and meat, all mashed together in one bag.  It looks like it's already been digested.  He loves to store leftovers this way.  I find it nauseating.  I told him sighted people like to have their food all compartmentalized, here are the potatoes, green beans, and meat.  Not all mashed together. 

Yuck.  But it's his food so I don't tell him what to do.  He doesn't waste it, that's all I care about. 

He went to bed after encouraging me to feed Biscuit. 

I fed Biscuit a can of salmon.  He loves his salmon - sometimes.  He liked it last week, but not this week.  It's very frustrating as I don't like to waste food.  Baby Girl ate all the gravy and someone took some nibbles off the meat, but, overall, Biscuit didn't touch it. 

At Ron's insistence, I gave Mr Chubby some dry food.  He liked that.  But he is supposed to be eating lower carb these days.  [sigh]  I'm an enabler.  I let Ron talk me into it. 

Tomorrow I see my aunt, and my doctor.  She's giving me a ride.  I will see doc and tell him all about the migraine, etc.  I'm tired so I don't think I'll stay up much later. 

Have a good one. 

No comments: