Sunday, October 21, 2018

"That will never happen again"

The last time I went to Walmart, I bought 2 hair brushes.  The first was a standard plastic bristle brush.  The second was a boar bristle brush.  I heard the boar ones are "better" for your hair, although I grew my hair all the way down to my butt using a standard brush. 

I always brush my hair before I take a shower, it gets out the tangles and dead hair.  Today, I tried the boar bristle.  It didn't seem rugged enough to penetrate my thick hair, and, when I got in the shower, it took me a lot longer to wash it because the brush hadn't gotten out the tangles and loose hair.  Frustrating.  I'm glad I took it for a test drive before I took it with me, out of town. 

I finished up in the shower, got dressed, and got my bus pass.  I wear it in a lanyard.  I walked up to the bus stop.  I saw an older woman waiting there. 

I realized she is the lady one of the drivers hates.  Some of the drivers like our subdivision and want to live here.  One of them found a rental a few streets over, years ago.  She loved the neighborhood but hated her landlord, who was a cheap, typical, slumlord (wouldn't repair the A/C, etc.).  She finally moved out. 

Her adult daughter lived with her and worked.  When they moved, they did not file change of address.  The slumlord rented to some people on "housing" and, when the w-2's came in, one of the women in the household stole the adult daughter's identity.  She racked up quite a few bills using her social security number and caused a lot of hassle. 

The driver was furious, blamed the old lady, and refuses to pick her up to this day.  She has made a lot of comments I can't repeat due to the fact she'd get fired if they got back to management.  She can't even pass that street to drop us at our place, without going into a rage. 

The old lady had been a paratransit client.  I used to see her on a walker, going to the bus stop.  I don't know if she actually rode the bus but she got around pretty well on the walker.  She got better (I try not to be resentful that Ron has gotten so much worse while she's gotten so much better) and now walks easily, anywhere.  I see her wandering all over the subdivision.  She likes to sit down next to the bus stop and watch the traffic pass. 

I can't help but think, she needs a cable program - one of those "for the low income" deals where she gets some channels to watch.  She also needs an adult day program to keep her busy during the day.  Wandering around during the day is a great way to get robbed. 

She was at the bus stop today.  I didn't speak to her and she didn't speak to me.  I waited a while, the bus arrived.  I boarded, she did not, and I went to my stop. 

I went to the bank and waited in line.  It took a while, a lot of people waited until today to do their banking.  Finally made my deposit. 

I went to the grocery store and bought a bottle of soda (flat, which is one reason I hate that store) and some granola bars for Ron.  Then I went to McDonald's.  I got a chicken sandwich meal. 

As I took out my pills, it dawned on me this was my first dose of a pretty potent medication.  Maybe I should have waited and taken it at home.  Oh, well, too late now.  I took it. 

I called Ron and went to voicemail.  I was checking to see if he wanted anything.  I arrived at the bus stop right as the bus pulled up.  "That will never happen again" I said to myself, as I boarded.  Very nice.  Nothing worse than seeing the bus pull away and knowing I have a half hour on the next one.

I arrived home in short order and Ron was still asleep.  I laid down for a short nap.  I woke up with a headache, I took some Excedrin.  Then the Risperdal hit me.  I had wondered if 2 mg was "enough" for my symptoms.  I felt very wobbly and affected.  I decided it was a pretty sure thing it would work for me, but I had to lie down for a bit. 

When I felt better, I gave Ron his granola bars.  He was very confused as to the layout of the house and kept getting "lost".  It is only 900 square feet but he went in every room but his own, went over by my TV chair, knocking things over, shouting at me, etc.  I told him he needs to go easy on "those pills".  Then I took him to bed.  I hope that isn't a precedent. 

He told me recently he will go to a nursing home without protest if I tell him I am done.  But I don't think he needs it yet, he just needs to be careful what he is putting into his body. 

I sure hope he doesn't get lost on the way to the bathroom.  If he could see I could paint a line on the wall "Follow the blue line to the bathroom" but that won't work for him. 

He did make our trips for tomorrow so we are going to work.  And I ordered my coat.  It should arrive in about a week, they say.  Good.  I got it in teal. 

Ron is back in bed and I need to go to bed.  It's an early wakeup tomorrow.   

2 comments:

Spankadoo said...

Teal is one of my favorites! Glad you got yourself a nice winter coat and you can take it on the trip how nice! Can you share a photo of it? I am looking for a midweight winter jacket our winters are not brutal here but they are challenging when you are a person who hates being cold!
My step mother and half sister used to do modeling for Lands End catalogs it was kind of funny to see family on a catalog page! Much love and hugs i am excited you are taking the train that is a plan for me in the near future I am going to get on a train Friday after work and come back Sunday who knows what direction but I Have a few choices so I am going to flip a coin!

Anonymous said...

He’s abusing the opioids! Big surprise! Didn’t he almost run out of pills before his dr appt? He’s probably popping them like candy.