Sunday, September 30, 2018

Ghost bike

I slept a lot better last night.  Mania really affects my sleep in a bad way, but the continued lithium doses are slowly eroding it.  Thank God. 

I slept about 10 hours and woke up.  I felt OK until I had some sugar free punch, then I got queasy.  Ron was taking me out to breakfast, so I was worried about that.  I took a lot of pepto and some ginger root.  

On the plus side, when I weighed this morning (before drinking anything) I was down another half pound so that's good.  I can afford to lose a good 60 pounds.  

I got took my shower, got dressed, talked Ron into bathing and clean clothes, put my pills together.  

I am debating an issue.  Ron pulled a prescription bottle out of his fanny pack, the other day, in public.  I told him to put it away, someone would steal it.  He said he needed to take something, so he did.  Then he put it away.  I asked him why he didn't put it in another container.  

"On COPS," he said, "They only get into trouble if they have pills in a baggie.  They don't get into trouble if they have the pills in a prescription bottle."  

That's valid.  However, I was getting ready to take 4 different prescriptions (since this was going to be the big meal, I wanted to do it all at once).  4 bottles is a lot.  So I was "bad" and put them in a zip top baggie.  

Our ride was a little late but not too bad.  The guy in the front seat had reclined his seat very far back, making it impossible for Ron to enter the vehicle.  I asked the man, politely, but with a little edge, if he could please move the seat.  He had it back at almost a 45 degree angle - ludicrous and impossible.  He made a big production out of accommodating and left it at the proper, 90 degree angle as Ron entered and stayed seated behind him.  

Ron got in without incident (remember Ron is only 150 pounds) and off we went.  We got to the restaurant.  There were 2 "homeless" people in the parking lot, but one of them had enough money to buy the cigarettes he chain-smoked for the next hour and a half.  Priorities, I guess.  

We went in and were served by a pregnant little person.  That's a hard job, food service, to begin with.  Especially if you are a little person.  Even more if you are pregnant.  I hope she will be OK.  She seemed pretty happy.  

I was delighted she got my order right, I had modified the standard sandwich and added BBQ sauce.  Ron got a chicken sandwich.  

The restaurant smelled the same.  Ron and I actually met at this chain.  I was in the cashier training program, and considered a big success as I was the first person hired on as a result.  Everyone else got sent back to the end of the line, to train at another business.  Since I am extroverted they put me on a register.  Ron was in the management training program, and hired through that.  He was on a register right next to me.  We started talking.  We started going out to the Mexican walk up place after work, sitting in the park, and talking.  He gave me his phone number.  You get the idea.  About 5 months later I ran off with him.  

So the restaurant holds a small place in my heart.  

I ate a little bit of hashbrowns but the grease and potatoes didn't sit very well.  I focused on eating my sandwich and that worked.  I took 2 more ginger roots and some pepto pills.  Yes, they have a pill.  Pretty awesome.  I think I will always carry them in my fanny pack.  

That settled OK.  I think it helped that I didn't get a diet soda, I got plain tea (unsweet) and added some pink stuff (saccharin).  It was pretty good.  Oh, changed the font when I did my cut and paste.  Sorry about that, but who knows how to spell saccharin?  I sure don't.  

It's Ok now.  I won't complain.  So I think the tea helped.  We had to wait about an hour, and then our driver went to the wrong place, it took him forever to find us.  

He wanted to talk politics.  I really didn't but he seemed so desperate.  And, sure enough, we agreed.  No wonder he wanted to talk.  

We went home and I took a nap.  Before I proceed, I should add I called my Dad last night.  My stepmother is out of town.  

Anyway, he was very happy and engaged, active in a lot of things, we talked cell phones and such.  It was good to see.  Whatever my gripes may be with "people" in the past, Dad is well loved and taken care of.  

I had a pretty good nap once I dropped off, but I woke up with a headache, which meant I had to take some Excedrin, which meant I upset my stomach again.  I am drinking some Gatorade

Ron is up.  The Astros lost today's game. 

And I managed to offend someone on Facebook.  First of all, I have to say, I really resent it when people fill up my news feed with things they are trying to sell.  If I want to buy something, I will go looking for it.  Don't just shove things in my face and expect me to buy them.  I understand Go fund mes, I have one, but I hate "yardsale" people who just shove all kinds of crap at you because you are "friends".  I live in Houston.  I couldn't buy it even if I wanted. 

So, anyway, she put up photos of a bike painted all white, even, it looked like, the wheels.  That is only one thing, a Ghost Bike.  From a roadside memorial.  I told her that, and mentioned it was probably stolen, she might want to take down the link.  Someone probably "found" it on the side of the road, took it home, cleaned it up, and put it up for sale.  But, at least in Houston, everyone knows one of those bikes has been stolen.  So someone would get in legal trouble for theft, and it wouldn't sell anyway. 

Then she got all upset, said it was her bike, etc.  I mentioned again the only all white bikes I have ever seen have been at these roadside memorials.  I've even "apologized".  But she's irate and making personal attacks now. 

Honestly, if she really wants to sell the bike, she needs to go to the hardware store, buy some painter's tape and a can of spray paint, and paint it any other color but white.  Then she should have an easy time selling it if it's a reasonable price. 

{rolleyes}  I will probably get unfriended out of this and down to 250 something "friends" most of whom don't even know the names of my cats. 

Still queasy after the gatorade.  Ugh. 

Not going to eat anything for a while.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post.

Anonymous said...

In the last days many will be offended.
Matthew 24:10-12