Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Oh no you don't (get your pills, that is)

Ron was moaning last night, kept me up.  He asked me to put on the wheelchair leg this morning.  Normally he hates it because it makes it hard to navigate, so I knew he was still hurting.  I got him dressed and ready to go to Walmart. 

They said they had his pain pills.  Now, it has been a nightmare getting Ron his pills the last couple times.  I was worried we would get there and they would GOTCHA sorry we don't have them, and I would have to listen to Ron moan and scream all night again. 

I'm at the point where pity outweighs frustration at his pain, but sleep deprive me another couple nights and it won't be pretty.  I am human.  Then I lie in bed listening to him scream and I think SHUT UP

I don't want that, I want to be the loving wife.  Our ride was late to get there.  But, when we arrived, there wasn't a line. 

The door lady looked a little askance at my tote bags (empty) on the back of the wheelchair, but they let me pass.  I knew they (security) would be watching me, and that was fine. 

We got to the counter.  Gave her Ron's name and birthdate.  "We have one for you".  Praise God.  I checked it out - it was what he wanted.  Ron got the money and paid, and I gave him the bottle.  He took one right there at the counter. 

I guess he was still hurting. 

Then we went over to the drop off/order window.  There was a woman in front of me so we hung back.  I saw a bottle of stool softener tablets and asked Ron if he wanted me to buy it for him. 

He thought about it for a second and said no.  I asked if he was still having problems with constipation due to the pain pills.  He launched into a graphic description of the difficulty passing the movement, how he felt like he was being ripped, etc., but he was "OK" and "Didn't need" it. 

[Sounds like he does!]  Anyway, I was dying laughing because the woman in front of us gave him a look.  I told him to shut up, we weren't alone, and then asked if I could put this in the blog.  He said sure.  I can't think of an incident he hasn't approved for blog inclusion.  We do have one or two secrets but they are Ron's to share, not mine. 

I got to the window and explained what was going on with my pills.  I also explained someone had called and said they were on order, I was just verifying.  She looked at her computer and said NO ONE had the pills.  She suggested "another pharmacy".  I explained none of hem had it, either. 

[SCREAM]  I reminded her what they were for (kind of a mean, cheap, shot but I am getting desperate.)  She said she was sorry. 

So I have to call Doc again (Wednesday) and get something else approved.  I know he wants me on this but I can't get it. 

We left the window.  It's not their fault.  I keep thinking about the naked lady on the truck, on 290.  She was off her pills.  link  This is what happens when you take people off their pills! 

So, Ron needed more pants.  He only had one pair at home in the size he likes.  We went over to the men's department and found another pair. 

Normally Ron has a bitter hatred of shopping, even if it's me spending my money. . Surprisingly, he asked me if I "needed anything else" and we went and got some travel toiletries.  He wanted his pineapple cups but they were out, so I just got a 6 pack of diet 7 Up (I was pretty queasy) and checked out.  I am sure security was watching our every move, I had Ron in the wheelchair and just piling things in his lap.  But I paid for everything. 

We bought some snacks and waited on our ride.  I ate popcorn with cheddar/caramel pieces.  Ron ate some Marinara chips (he wasn't impressed).  I drank part of a Diet Dr Pepper. 

Our ride came.  It was a driver we like.  She couldn't take the shortest ride home due to construction but we got there quick anyway. 

We went in the house.  Ron hung up his pants before he laid down.  I tried to take a short nap but I had 2 cats in the bed (Biscuit, and Torbie).  They took up a significant amount of room and left me no foot space.  I had to curl up in a fetal position, not the most comfortable.  But the cuddle was worth it.  Torbie kept pressing against my legs and Biscuit was lying on my foot, grooming himself.  Very sweet. 

I got up, getting ready to go to the train station to buy tickets.  Tickets are surprisingly affordable - $29 one way.  That's a lot cheaper than the bus.  The state will only reimburse Ron for his ticket, kind of a cheap shot considering he requires a caregiver.  I had to pay for the conference out of my own money, too.  I am not a slot machine. 

So I will have to pay for my own registration, transportation, etc.  They will pay Ron back for the hotel room and a per diem for meals (we can both eat on that).  [sigh]  It's just a big production. 

I want to focus on getting ready for the damned thing but I have the whole pill drama going on.  I can't go to the conference, unmedicated.  That would be catastrophic. 

But Doc won't let that happen, I just have to remind him: still no pills.  I know he doesn't want to take me off the Haldol (which worked very well) but we will have to do so. 

I'll just be glad when this is all over. 

No comments: