Tuesday, October 9, 2018

I got another day out

I do keep a few secrets on the blog.  One I am choosing not to share, today.  It's not major but it relates to "good" family and wondering if they would want to be mentioned in the blog (probably not).  So I won't bring it up.  It affects them, not me, so onward. 

I got up at 8, pretty tired.  Torbie slept with me, what a fun cat!  Got on the computer for a little bit and took my shower, then did my God Time.  I had just enough time to get dressed before my aunt called. 

She was early, but I always get ready early, unlike Mr Ron last minute, oh NOW it's here I guess I'd better get dressed. 

We headed off.  She took a new route.  Unfortunately a lot of construction around Doc's office.  It's been that way for some time now. 

We stopped to get a soda first.  She does a lot of ice and a little dab of Coke, and then works on that for hours, while I'm opening one bottle after another.  She weighs about half what I do.  Don't be a Heather. 

We got there in just enough time, right before they went to lunch.  The medical student took me back and asked me about what I took.  I told him.  4 lithium, 2 Wellbutrin, etc.  Doc came in and we talked about something else (relates to the relative).  Then we got to me.  I told him about the migraine, couldn't take my meds for days (why? vomiting in a bucket.  Oh.), got manic and had the bugs come back. 

Now Doc is a teaching Doc.  That's why he always has a student or 2 in the room.  He went on about the bugs for a while.  Apparently they are common (the sensation of bugs on the skin) in cocaine use/withdrawal.  But, occasionally, in antipsychotic withdrawal like I had. 

I told him I was OK now, just a bad week between the bugs and the mania.  But better now.  He said he wasn't going to change anything (I hope not, I just did up 2 weeks of pills with the standard doses!).  He put in my refills for everything, 3 months. 

Since I have never attempted to OD on medication (I wanted to, back when I was 13, but I "told" before I did it), he feels fine giving me "that much" at a time.  And that is a lot of lithium. 

We left (they already had a catered lunch set up in the breakroom) and went out to lunch.  We agreed on Chilis.  Yes, I was just there with Ron, but it is dependable food and not expensive. 

We had an interesting waiter.  He would have either loved, or hated, Ron, hard to tell.  But they were both strong extroverts.  I ordered a meal for Ron.  We ate and had a good time, then she drove me home. 

I put Ron's food in the fridge and took a nap.  I didn't sleep well due to high caffeine intake this morning but I did nap a little.  No Torbie, Ron had opened his closet door.  I took the doors off my closet so if they want a closet they have to go to Ron.  Torbie likes to sleep in there, a nice cozy nest.  She was having a good time when I checked on her.  I won't begrudge her but I did miss having her in the bed. 

I got up, no headache.  Good, I was super careful about diet today.  Now Ron wants to watch a documentary, so I'll do that, then I'll take out the garbage and recycle. 

It was supposed to rain today but it never did.  We are staying home tomorrow. 

Ron is eating his steak and loving it. 

No comments: