Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Clang clang

I didn't sleep well the night before last, 

That's an understatement.  Wide awake, ferocious dry mouth.  Sick feeling.  Drinking water and getting up to pee every 10 minutes.  Wide awake.  Miserable. 

Not a good start to the Risperdal.  At least I know it is strong. 

I had a rough 2 nights on it.  The first night, I hardly slept at all.  The second night was better but still pretty light sleep. 

Yesterday I got up and went to work, stocked, helped Ron (not in that order).  Came home and tried to take a nap, but couldn't really sleep.  We went to the Waffle House, came home.  I went to bed early. 

Risperdal at this dose has kicked me harder than anything I've taken to date.  I didn't sleep well again last night, but it was better. 

Got up this morning, took Ron to the doctor.  Liver and Kidneys are fine.  Still anemic.  I told her his diet has been terrible.  She said he needs b12 every other week, folic acid every day, and iron infusions.   She said his insurance will approve the iron, because it is a lot cheaper than a blood infusion. 

So, we will be back to the hematologist to sit in one of the chemo chairs for "about an hour".  I'll be fine.  Ron can bring his talking book machine. 

We finished up and took a cab home.  Since we were paying for the ride, we went through a drive through on the way home and got some takeout.  Ron ate his tacos and fries, then took a nap.  Amazingly no heartburn or stomach upset. 

I ate when we got home, taking my time and enjoying my food.  I noticed, for instance, my cheeseburger had two slices of cheese and not the one the other store gives me. 

I ate, took my pills again, tried to lay down for a nap.  I was pretty tired and Torbie was waiting in the bed.  She's such a nice cat, it completely baffles me that someone could walk past her at the shelter.  Even worse many people did in the month she was there.  I remember the expression on her face when I took her out of my lap and put her on the floor, so sad and betrayed.  Then they put her in a box, gave her shots, and gave her to me.  Well, I like to think God gave Torbie and I to each other.  She loves Ron, too, loves to sleep with him. 

So I laid down with her and covered myself with the scrap of blanket she had left me.  I didn't mind, though, it was Torbie.  I had a hard time drifting off.  Hopefully that wears off, because I need my sleep.  Just as I was almost asleep, I heard noise.  Construction. 

We came home about a week ago and the water meter had been dug up and replaced.  They do that every several years.  I don't mind that, at least it is "fresh" and not degrading.  I do mind them coming in my yard to do it, and digging up the whole strip between the sidewalk and the street (not legally mine, I know). 

Anyway, when I got up, after a while, they were digging up the middle of the street.  They worked on it for hours and then left it with a big metal "clang clang" - that's what we call those metal plates they put over holes in the street - because they make a clanging noise when someone drives over them. 

Not real happy about that but I suppose something had to be fixed.  Our utility district has another subdivision, and when we made a pickup there a few days ago all the streets and driveways were torn up from construction.  I hope they are not planning to do that here.  But if the infrastructure needs the work, it needs the work.  They started building this neighborhood in the 80's so it isn't that old. 

I got up and got on the computer for a while.  I'm feeling uninspired, which I suppose I can blame on the new medication, but I am hoping it, and my other unpleasant side effects, will wear off after a few more days. 

I don't really have a choice about taking it.  By the way, Ron and I have decided to stop talking about my hallucinations.  We are getting too many drivers agreeing with us and telling us they, too, hallucinate.  It is very disturbing.  Not something I want to hear from a driver.  I would rather live in happy ignorance. 

No comments: