Friday, October 12, 2018

"All this because she got her period?"

I developed a crushing headache last night, probably a migraine.  I got some Tylenol from Ron (he was happy to give it to me) and went to bed. 

As I suspected, they had some festivities last night, but they kept it down.  NO screaming children, NO balls kicked into the side of the house/fence.  Just quiet talking and the sounds of children playing quietly.  THAT'S what I'm talking about.  It was a good thing as I had a terrible headache.  If it wasn't a migraine, it was close.  They went until about midnight. 

I noticed this morning the father took the day off work.  I wonder where all the money is coming from. 

Around midnight, I took some Excedrin and that did a good job on the headache, I was able to fall asleep.  I woke up around 7, took a shower, got ready to go to the Waffle House with Ron. 

Our driver was late, again.  It was the guy who is always late.  He said he couldn't figure out why they routed the trips the way they did, lots of doubling back and passing up people's stops.  I told him the service gets paid by the mile, not by the trip.  A lightbulb went off for him, and he said he understood why they were riding him "all those miles" (about half the miles of a big van driver). 

Ron was in a bad mood this morning, he only had a few pain pills left.  He asked me to do his magnets, which I did (and they helped).  He sulked and didn't eat.  Said I was "abusing" the staff because I had come in during a rush.  I didn't know it would be a rush, and I was very nice to the waitress. 

I ordered some eggs with cheese and a pecan waffle.  I just heard a scream from one of you readers, the one that is always riding me about my diet (done out of love, I know).  A lady sitting at the counter complimented my hair.  I thanked her. 

I have a very simple hair care routine.  I brush it in the morning, wash it, and then either leave it down or put it in a ponytail.  That's it.  So it was nice to get a compliment for it in it's "natural" state. 

Anyway, I ate my food, got a refill on my diet Coke, and Ron called a cab home.  I'm not sure why he called the cab but the driver was happy to come and get us. 

We got home.  I had taken my morning pills with breakfast.  I laid down and took a nap, I figured if they have a big party tonight I am going to need my sleep.  And I started developing a headache.  I still slept a couple of hours, Torbie was in the bed with me.  Such an awesome cat. 

I got up and took some Excedrin.  Ron was feeling a little better.  He said he didn't want me to buy him any more food, he had too much.  If I get sick or something, he needs something to eat, something that is easy.  I don't think having some extra food is a bad thing, especially as it can't spoil.  But he was adamant he didn't want me buying him anything until he said I "could".  Silly but I will respect that. 

I looked out the front window and saw a stretch limo.  Apparently the big party is tonight.  Since they have a limo and a fancy dress, they are going somewhere.  Thank God.  Ron and I talked about quince parties, which he summarized by saying "All this because she got her period?"  "Pretty much" I replied.  When a young Mexican woman starts her cycle, she is considered a full blown woman, able to have sex and children, no matter her age.  This girl was a baby when we bought the house almost 15 years ago, so I guess it is her 15th.  A lot of Mexican men get in trouble with District Attorneys over the statutory rape laws, when they get a girl pregnant underage.  "But she was having her period!"  That doesn't make her an adult in the eyes of American law, but it does with Mexican custom.  So they have conflict. 

I would hope the schools are teaching abstinence, but I doubt it.  When I was in school they said not to have relations "Unless you really love them".  Now I doubt they even say that, probably too busy teaching them to put a condom on a banana. 

Years ago, I bought Ron some wireless headphones.  He loved them to death, literally.  Ron is so hard on electronics.  I remember in 1995 I had the opportunity to buy a whole case of headphones for Ron.  Every time he broke a pair I would remind him of it.  I finally stopped after about 10 years.  Ron is just really hard on headphones.  Maybe they could make them out of silicon or something.  That would be a good invention. 

Anyway, Amazon stopped selling the headphones.  Ron was devastated.  Then, last night, he heard an infomercial for wireless headphones.  He couldn't remember what they were called (I have told him his memory isn't as good on the painkillers), but he really wanted them. 

So I went to "As Seen on TV" dot com and found them.  $25 with shipping.  Ron is happy.  It will take a couple of weeks to ship.  If he likes them he can buy a couple of pairs next time.  I used my debit card. 

I am OK with a little risk on my debit card, using it online.  I am NOT OK with Ron using his account because it is linked to our auto pays for the mortgage, etc.  We can't afford to have a problem with that account.  My bank has been great the times I have had trouble, so I don't worry about it. 

And Ron will give me the $25.  It's still early so I'm not sure what I will do.  I will feed Biscuit & friends in about an hour, clean the litter box, check the mail.  I am happy #6 is apparently going out tonight, that means I can get some sleep tonight. 

And I am starting to conclude that wheat is a migraine trigger.  The last couple times I ate wheat, I had a problem.  So I will avoid it. 

Ron's watching Judge Judy, and very entertained.  I think he gets his money's worth out of our cable. 

No comments: