Thursday, October 11, 2018

Up at 2 am

Up at 2 am.   I took my shower and checked Ron to make sure he looked OK.  Our ride came on time and we left. 

We picked up 2 other people, one of whom works at the plant.  He is pretty abrasive but not awful.  Just one of those guys who wants to tell you how many hours you should work, what you should stock, etc. 

We got to work an hour later.  I wasn't too worried about missing our delivery because the guy has been coming around 8-9 AM instead of the 5 we were getting. 

Keurig bought Dr Pepper and made some changes.  Including firing our favorite delivery driver and sending a different guy every time.  It is better, in my opinion, to build a good relationship with the same guy. 

We stocked.  I did the inventory and put drinks in the fridge.  We finished everything, even crackers and candy bars.  We waited.  And we waited some more. 

Ron started making phone calls.  They finally told us he would be there pretty soon.  It was about 8:30 when he did show up.  I helped him load the cart, take it in the building, and unloaded it by myself.  Ron paid him with $5 bills.  Next time we will have $20's.  We could have paid him in ones, but I doubt he would have liked that! 

I was done putting everything away by about 9:15.  I helped Ron run change (sort it on the machine).  Someone banged on the stockroom door like a bill collector, I went out.  He wanted change. 

Why does everyone want to go in the stockroom for change?  I tell them, we don't keep cash in there.  I had to get it out of a machine, and then he left.  Bothering us when we're working and he didn't even buy anything.  I was pretty annoyed. 

I went back to Ron, and we finished.  He wanted to "run" a certain amount of quarters so he could deposit them today (sales tax is coming due soon).  We did that, and put them in a screw top container in a tote bag. 

Then we went outside.  We had a long wait for a ride, and yet another "What happened to you?  You didn't used to be in the wheelchair!" driver. 

Ron reminded me later I'm supposed to tell him the sex was so good, that it put Ron in a wheelchair.  Good man.  That's a good comeback. 

We went to the bank and deposited the change.  Ron changed some money and got a little spending cash.  We called a cab (that was the plan) to go through a drive through and then home. 

I took my pills and crashed into bed.  I had a good long nap.  When I woke up, Ron was very upset about his phone, he couldn't get it to work.  I took the battery out for a couple of minutes and put it back in, it was fine.  Then we had to charge it. 

In the meantime Ron had to call and cancel 2 rides he had scheduled.  He had been late with one ride because he didn't want to wake me up to use my phone.  I told him, next time, get loud if you have to, but get me up.  He called and the supervisor accused him of being drunk.  He was not, for a change.  I thought it was rather rude of her.  Ron was a little frustrated but not overly upset. 

So he got a penalty mark for "cancelling late" even though he explained.  Because she thought he was "drunk". 

Ron's sister once accused him of "talking funny".  He does have a little accent from the stroke, but I don't even notice it.  Maybe she heard it and thought he was slurring. 

He asked me to buy him some bill acceptor cleaning cards.  They work like a dollar bill.  They are a card, the size of a dollar, saturated with cleaning fluid.  You insert it into the machine and it spits it out again.  The cards pick up an amazing amount of junk.  One of the machines is sluggish about accepting bills lately so we want to give it a good internal scrub. 

Ron gave me the cash a while ago, and I put it into my account.  Then I used my card to pay for it.  It will arrive before Monday.  I can use one card to clean all the machines. 

I checked the mail, we got our flood insurance.  Good.  Well, the papers. 

With all the disasters going on lately I am really glad we have a decent policy.  It wasn't cheap but we've got something. 

On my way back from the mail box, I saw the neighbor (the #6 wife and mom) carrying a huge quince dress into the house.  I guess her oldest daughter is having a party soon. 

I knew this day was coming, in fact we'll have 3 of these parties (3 girls).  But odds are they will hire a venue for the party and have it there.  If they don't, it's only one night.  One very long, loud, night.  Probably not this weekend, the birthdays are between the 19th and the 25th - 2 of them.  One of them clearly the older girl. 

The dress was far more elaborate than the one #7 had during her party, which she had at home.  So I have to think they will have the party somewhere else where they can have a lot more guests, and "show her off".  I can hope.  There's only parking for maybe 5 cars on our street.  And if anyone parks in my driveway they're getting towed. 

I have "asked them to move" before and basically told to f*ck off.  So I'm not going that again.  I even had Ron ask, explaining we had someone coming over, and got the same response.  He's not the nice guy he thinks he is (#6, not Ron).  I am surprised they can afford an elaborate party, both parents bought new cars in the last year.  But that's their problem, not mine. 

So we'll see if they "let" me sleep on Saturday night. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It probably got back to her about Ron laying on the garage floor and flopping around like a drunken moron. So now that is in her head about him. Eventually because of this woman he will lose the paratransit service.

Heather Knits said...

I think Ron is OK keeping his service unless he just went totally off the chain during a ride, on camera (very unlikely). He has a documented head injury so they understand he may have behavior issues. I have seen "limited" clients get away with putting their hands on Ron's crotch, stealing from drivers, hitting drivers, etc. If they allow that anything Ron does would pale in comparison.

When he fell out of his wheelchair (both times) I did not mention he was drunk. I just said he fell. The morning where he was very drunk and unable to put on his shoes I did tell the driver he was too drunk to ride - but the driver simply said "Trust me, he can't ride today". The driver told me that the next time he picked us up. Ron does CALL drunk sometimes so maybe that.

Everyone has some major problem in their life. I used to hate drunks but have become less hateful. Judgy Mc Judgingtons (not you) just don't get it.

Overall, Ron makes his life look a lot easier than I know it to be.