Tuesday, April 24, 2018

You atheists can probably skip this one

A small rant.  I have been thinking about that guy today, from the Bible Handout.  The one who told me I can't earn my way to heaven. 

I know that.   His implication was that was the only reason someone would go do evangelism.  Well, we're commanded by Jesus to go preach the gospel to ALL the nations.  My Bible says this.  Jesus was all about sending people to reach the unreached.  That's what He wants us to do!

It's fine to get saved and work on your own faith life.  In fact, it's important.  It's equally important to engage in intercessory (praying for others) prayer and finding out how God wants you to engage in evangelism.  Eric, for instance, does a lot of work online.  That's his forum.  Mine is a ghetto corner in "Gunspoint".  But we all have a place, and something we're meant to do. 

God wants us working.  We have to find out how He wants us working and go do it.  I believe this with all my heart. 

Why?  Because Jesus asked us to do it.  We don't need to evangelize to be saved, but it should be an outgrowth of getting saved. 

Always remember, people are dying and going to hell.  I have enough blood on my hands, as I've said, I did nothing to ensure my mother's salvation.  By God's grace she was saved anyway.  On another occasion, I flat-out told my boss that I didn't think Jesus was the only way to Heaven.  I was, and am, very ashamed I said that. 

No more.  Now it's hard to shut me up about my faith.  I'm surprised I have any unreached readers. 

One of the saddest posts I ever read was on Rapture Ready.  It is a Christian message board.  Anyway, one woman found out that her coworker, who had been "out sick" for a while, actually had terminal cancer.  She was desperate to go talk to him and share her faith, as she had never shared it with him before.  Sadly, he died before she could do so and she can only presume he died unreached and went to hell.  It was heartbreaking for her. 

Everyone who knows me knows my boss is Jesus.  I work for Him.  I care only to please Him, not myself, not Ron, but Jesus.  If I'm doing that, I'm happy.  I ask for His help everyday (that prayer I was talking about), for myself and for others trying to do His will, and of course the unreached. 

Remember, I think, when the unreached die, they go to hell.  That everyone who rejects God dies and goes to hell.  I don't want that to happen and will do whatever I can to make sure that you can meet God and experience Him the way I have. 

I don't get why everyone thinks that makes me a freak, especially people who are claiming to also be saved. 

The saddest fact of all, Ron and I are literally working one block from Harvest Time church's doorstep.  The guy I talked to today is probably with them.  But God had to send me, from miles away, to go evangelize their neighborhood because, presumably, they won't do it. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesus also said he would return before the generation who was alive during his resurrection all passed away but that didn't happen. So is jesus a liar? Sure sounds like it.

Anonymous said...

"The saddest fact of all, Ron and I are literally working one block from Harvest Time church's doorstep."

NO the saddest fact is that a drunken abuser is handing out bibles promising salvation when god can't even 1. stop his drinking 2. ease his pain from his injuries. Talk about a god who does nothing. Honestly this guy probably got tired of all the unanswered prayers too. Don't judge people because they know what a dog eat dog world it is. The sheer unfairness of society as a whole and the indifference of god and the universe in the suffering of humans.

Anonymous said...

"She can only presume he died unreached and went to hell. It was heartbreaking for her." No what is heartbreaking is that people actually believe that other people are going to hell. There is no hell. There is no heaven. We all share the universe in spirit when we die and then come back again to earth and do it all again. For what reason? I have no idea. But really what would be the reason to live in heaven and be unable to do anything but praise god all day. No creating. No job. Nothing for all eternity. It makes as much sense as reincarnation does and yet...

Heather Knits said...

Ron had an NDE and he swears heaven is amazing. He is bitterly angry he was sent back.

Personally, I can't help but think, if he had been living a more moral life at the time, he might have been able to stay dead. But God wanted him back here so back he went.

The guy in 90 minutes in heaven was also resentful he was sent back - a common theme, I think, in those who had what I consider to be a REAL experience.

Heather Knits said...

Right now Ron doesn't want to stop drinking. And we all sin. I am just as guilty as anyone else. I have bad thoughts and get resentful. But God still uses me anyway. Ron has refused, repeatedly, to go to a pain clinic, which could actually help him. Refused. Just like he refuses to stop drinking. So Ron's problems are currently his own - his baggage, because he won't turn them over to God (or the pain clinic).

Heather Knits said...

About the "this generation" - the common teaching today is that He referred to those who would see the signs in Matthew 24, that meant the rapture is imminent. Some think He meant when Israel became a nation again, that generation would not pass until the rapture.

As Corrie Ten Boom said, I put it on the shelf and will wait for God to reveal whatever He's going to reveal.

Anonymous said...

Yup anything to justify your beliefs no matter the contradictions.