Monday, April 30, 2018

Thoughtful understanding

I slept OK, just not long enough.  When I woke up to Torbie in my bed, I hit the snooze button.  A lot.  I finally got up and got ready for work. 

First ride was fine.  It was a driver we like, who also likes Gospel Rap.  He was playing "Not today, Satan" on the way to work.  He was impressed I knew it. 

We got to work and did what we could.  I had to take the money out and count it (privately), then we went to the bank.  Well, we tried.

It was a big van, and he was training a new driver.  God doesn't want me to talk about other people, negatively.  I will just say I don't think she's up to the job.  For instance, she could not follow directions.  The trainer had to spoon feed her each step, change lanes here, turn here, etc.  It really slowed things down.  We had about a 10 mile trip.  It took almost 2 hours to get there (we had some other stops, but still...). 

I was exhausted by the time I got to the bank, and really biting my tongue.  I wanted to tell the trainer he had BETTER NOT pass her on the evaluation.  I didn't. 

We went in and did our business.  I got paid (good thing, as I'd just paid my health insurance).  We called a cab to go home. 

He was nice enough, but he tried too hard to be "funny".  It would have been a much more pleasant trip if he hadn't tried so hard.  He was older than me, and he kept talking "My mother this" and "My mother that".  After we got home, Ron said he must be a mama's boy.  It was almost as exhausting as the other trip. 

We finally got home and into the house.  It was pretty late.  I took a short (45 minutes) nap and then did most of my God Time (I did the rest before I got online).  Then we went to Denny's. 

Ron was in a bad mood most of the day.  One thing I ask God for is "thoughtful understanding" between married couples.  I didn't get it, today.  That's all I'll say.  He wasn't any uglier than usual but he could have been a lot nicer. 

He finally perked up once he started eating.  Maybe he was hangry.  I don't know.  We had a good ride to come home. 

Ron hasn't complained about his back today, and I have to admit my mood has been pretty good, considering.  I was delighted when I walked up to the front of the house right as the UPS man dropped the first case of Bibles on my porch.  I was able to give him some candy and thank him.  He had over 100# of "product" to move.  He's very nice about it.  It says "Bibles" on the boxes so I'm sure he knows what he's doing. 

So I have 100 Bibles.  That makes me happy, especially as I was almost out.  Ron is trying to schedule a Bible Handout for tomorrow.  He has been a good sport about going.  I think it helps that he gets chicken, after. 

I just overheard Ron talked to a dispatcher.  He is really pleased I move the Bibles faster when he's around.  It's true.  I move them significantly faster.  I don't get it, I've done plenty of Handouts all over Houston, but this is the first venue I've had where I move them faster with Ron, than without.  Generally they go at the same pace regardless.  Not here. 

Oh, well.  If it was the same Handout every time I'd be bored.  You'd be bored, reading about it. 

I have Torbie lying by my foot.  She wants me to tell you I stopped feeding them wet food.  They just weren't interested.  So I'll feed them dry.  The vet won't be happy, but the cats will. 

Off I go to have some fun before I go to bed tonight. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your kitties are so loved and lucky
Glad you are able to have fun, it is so important to take breaks
Your " work" isnt just vending you are a full time care provider and housekeeper
Take care of you, fill your bucket.
Be well and much love!