Monday, April 2, 2018

Monday

I had a hard time getting up this morning, but I did it.  We went to work. 

I had a couple of priorities.  One, I had to mail some bills.  I had a nasty letter from the water company.  I don't want it getting cut off.  I took care of that. 

Snack machines were pitifully full.  If it's full, nothing sold, so - bad.  Same with sodas.  And the bottled vendor was stuck again.  After some work, I managed to get it going again.  Well, God did it, He just used me. 

It's tricky because I basically have to beat on a part, but not too hard or I will break it.  I got it going, for a while, at least.  It sold 3 items while I was working so it's OK for now.  Ron called the repairman to come and replace the cup on Wednesday. 

I stocked what I could, which wasn't much.  Ron's back started bothering him. 

I could take two approaches to that.  1.  Say he's faking it and lazy, but he's never been that person.  2.  Believe him and try to accommodate his problem.  So I got out the sleeping bag and unrolled it in a corner, and he laid down. 

The repairman came and worked on Soda 3.  I haven't been happy with it's temperature for a while, the sodas have been almost tepid.  Sales are bad enough as it is, so we needed to fix that.  Then I took the repairman to talk to Ron as he laid down in the corner. 

Ron wanted to leave early.  I told him I had to stock sandwiches.  I did that.  Then I told him I would be ready to go in about 10 minutes.  I got everything put away and we left. 

Of course we waited a long time on a ride.  Work is in an absolutely horrible neighborhood for cab rides.  It's a notorious ghetto.  We have our own police force, it's that bad.  In fact, one of the police sat in front of us idling his squad car, for most of the time we waited.  That was nice. 

The cab showed up, it was a driver we know and like a lot.  He got the wheelchair put up and I gave him his candy (with a scripture booklet).  The driver actually told me he learned to read on the "Help From Above" booklet when he was a little boy.  I thought that was cool. 

We came home, I took a nap.  I woke up with a headache.  Torbie had slept with me, which was awesome.  She is a great cat and I love spending time with her.  I love to sleep with her. 

I'm perfect for older cats because I am just thrilled to have a big lump that sleeps all day, eats, and sleeps with me at night.  I've had that in Frosty, Bubba, and Torbie.  I would absolutely adopt an older cat, anytime, if I could afford the vet bills and I believed my other cats would agree. 

So I got up and took Excedrin.  I did my God Time and then got online.  We had a pretty uneventful evening.  I tried to watch Star Wars 7 again and only got about halfway through it before I turned it off.  I ordered pizza, that will do wonders for my blood sugar test results tomorrow. 

Tomorrow should be pretty quiet, we are going to get my blood test (if you pray, please pray that go well, last year they had problems).  Actually, Ron will wait somewhere while I walk over and get my blood test.  Then I'll walk back and get something to eat. 

I can't eat before the test, which is fine.  It's just a routine check of liver/kidneys/glucose/etc.  I don't expect any drama except for slightly high blood sugar numbers. 

I'm off to bed.  I'm hoping Torbie will sleep with me again.  She's such a nice cat, I really enjoy her.  It's hard to believe someone could dump her at the shelter - and harder to believe people could pass her up for 28 days while she was there, until I came along.  She picked me out, I was just smart enough to accept her decision.  And I've never regretted it. 

I suspect Torbie wanted a dog and child free home, and she got it with me.  I really am glad she picked me. 

That's it for now, I'll be praying for you. 

2 comments:

Spankadoo said...

Is vending something you could do as a trade when Ron stops working entirely? Since you know the business inside and out . Worried about you take good care and be well . You do not forget to do YOU OOOXXX

Heather Knits said...

IF I could drive, I'd have a good career in vending. Most times a vendor drives a route and fills vending machines along the way. I can't do that.

I would go for an assistant manager position somewhere if I had to. It's possible, if Ron died, I could work out something with the next vendor but doubtful. They, being blind, would most likely want me driving and would feel no responsibility to me.