Sunday, April 8, 2018

When a reader is mad at God

I had a comment.  I get a few comments now and then, as you see. 

This was from the person who is mad at God.  That's OK.  I don't think I ever told you, but I was very angry at God for years when I was in my late teens/early 20's.  I was very bitter he had put me in my family and allowed what He had allowed, to happen to me.  More went into it than that, but that's the gist.  It took me a long time to forgive Him.  So I can certainly relate and I will never censor something like that because it's honest (unless it is profane or abusive). 

It also had a comment in it about a family member.  It was a very honest comment, and accurate, but that person is still alive and might read my blog.  So in the interest of keeping the peace I couldn't post it.  I did try to edit the post and paste it in here, but blogger freaked out and wouldn't let me do it. 

How can I have faith?  To that I always think "How can I not have faith?"  God was with me, loving me, during the bad times, even if I was sinning willfully and pushing Him away.  I would really love to suggest everyone of you buy a "Bible Promise Book".  Amazon link, $2  I like it so much I bought some with my sponsor money, and hand them out.  I would love to give you one but you will have to get it for yourself.  Reading my Bible, I encountered all of these promises and eventually they made me feel better. 

Remember Ron can be verbally abusive.  When he calls me names, I remember that I am precious, important, and valued to God.  If I didn't have my faith I would just have to "take it".  But I don't. 

God is the one solid Good thing in my life.  When everything else is going to hell, my mood is crap, I have another headache, etc. - He is good.  He still loves me.  He assures me all this is temporary and works for the greater good in ways I don't see or know.  I also try to count my blessings as well. 

God isn't "making" me stay with Ron.  I want to be clear on that.  If I wanted to walk away I believe I have clear Biblical license to do so.  Ron is not upholding his end of the marriage covenant in the way he treats me, and the way he abuses alcohol.  I choose to stay with Ron for several reasons, one of them being I made a commitment and I plan to keep it.  I may have been unmedicated mentally ill at the time, but I made the vows and I intend to keep them. 

Sorry I couldn't get the post up, though. 


No comments: