Thursday, April 12, 2018

A day off

I went to be pretty early last night, woke up at 8, and took my shower.  I did my God Time with Torbie in my lap.  She was very sweet and cuddly.

Ron and I had planned to go to the Kolache Factory, near a pet store, so I could get Kolaches and pet food.  Our ride was very late.  When she pulled up, she saw Ron, reversed herself, and then backed in the other way.  We went up to her and loaded Ron.  Then she left.  I assumed she thought Ron was riding solo so I chased the cab and banged on the door.  She stopped and said she couldn't load the wheelchair on (our slanted driveway) "a hill" and "had" to park in the street.  What?  I was feeling pretty peeved by this point.  She finally loaded the wheelchair.  I did not give her candy.  I was too upset.

On the way there I realized she was just a poor, dumb, kid trying to do a job that's too hard for her.  I felt sorry for her.  When I got out, I gave her the candy.  She was appreciative.

Ron apologized to her "For being an asshole".  I told her "Even I don't get apologies like that" and I meant it.  I'm a little envious.

We got settled in at the Kolache place.  They didn't have any cream cheese so I got the bacon and cheese.  I drank a diet soda and took my pills, while eating.

Then I went to the pet store.  I checked in on the rescue cats first thing.  They had a sweet little calico, and a brown tabby wanted to play "get the hand" through the glass.  They also had a sleeping black cat.  I love all cats but black and torties are my favorite.

I called Ron and got his opinion on the cat food: should I buy one, 11 pound bag, and put it in the canister (it has a locking lid)?, or should I buy two, five pound, bags with zipper seals?  The large bag might have more oxidation in the canister, but the 5 pound bags were more expensive.  He suggested I get two of the five pounds.  I did.

I bought some wet food for Biscuit, the stuff has a premium list of ingredients - he will probably hate it, and some freeze dried treats.

I bought a bag of chicken treats because Biscuit likes chicken.  He doesn't like the freeze dried fish treats at all, although the girls do.  I also got another bag of salmon because the girls like them so much.  Ron calls them "The Fish treats".

When I was checking out, the cashier looked at me with deep concern and asked me if I was "OK, honey?"  I said yes.  She told me my hands were shaking, did I need anything?  I realized she thought I was in a diabetic crisis.  I told her I really was fine, I took medication for bipolar disorder and it made my hands shake.  She shrank back a little at that but explained her mother is diabetic, and when she gets "the shakes" it means her blood sugar is dropping.  I assured her again that I was fine and I left, lugging my 10 pounds of cat food in my tote bag, across the parking lot.

I got back to Ron (the store manager is cool about letting us wait) and we waited on our ride.  The cab pulled up and we went out.  She was new to us and a little rigid but not bad.  She spent the ride home raving about Big Food and GMO's.

We got home.  I rotated the cat food (I always keep some in reserve, so I took out the "old" bag and put it next in rotation.), and helped Ron put his food in the fridge.

I took a nap for a couple of hours and woke up with a NASTY headache.  I get tired of waking up with headaches.  It happens more with the bipolar medication than it used to in the past, at least as far back as I can recall.  It's been almost 11 years on the medication now.

Of course it took a while to get the medication right, but I'm there now.  I still need to take my evening pills.  I bought a couple of cans of Walmart brand chili.  Ron ate one by accident and liked it.  I haven't tried it yet so I plan to try it for dinner.  I think my pills will like chili just fine.   [Edit, so far, so good]

We work tomorrow, hopefully I will need to stock.  Sales have been really slow lately.  We are barely making enough to get by but there's an old Bible verse, I can't find it, but the gist of it is, Don't let me get too much money and conceited, and despise You.  But don't let me get too poor because I might have to steal.  Give me just enough and I will be happy.

Found it!  I did a search on "steal" and it came up.

Proverbs 30:8-10 New King James Version (NKJV)

Remove falsehood and lies far from me;
Give me neither poverty nor riches—
Feed me with the food allotted to me;
Lest I be full and deny You,
And say, “Who is the Lord?”
Or lest I be poor and steal,
And profane the name of my God.


No comments: