Saturday, April 7, 2018

Car 2 of 3

I finally got some sleep last night.  It rained, big, booming, thunderstorms.  I had seen Biscuit and Torbie so I wasn't too worried. 

Turns out I should have been worried about Baby Girl.  After I got up, I heard an ungodly racket at the front door, like something trying to claw it's way in.  I've seen possums in my yard.  I've had squirrels in my attic, and on one occasion a raccoon on the front porch.  So what did I do?  The smart thing, and keep the door closed?  No!  I opened it!  Good thing, it was a very soggy, pitiful, Baby Girl. 

I let her in, pet her (remember she is "Ron's" cat, but tolerates me to some extent), and took her to the food.  I should have known she was missing when she didn't show up for breakfast.  She didn't want the wet food, she went right for the dry, so I gave her more dry.  I told Ron and he couldn't figure out how she got out.  I told him.  He was quiet. 

Our ride pulled up.  Now, Ron's bedroom is very dark and it's hard to check and see if he looks OK.  I did know his pants were "bad" so I made him change them.  From what I could tell his shirt looked OK.  Until we got outside.  It was filthy. 

I had a dilemma.  On the one hand I wanted him to go around like that, to punish him.  On the other hand that's not what Jesus wants.  In fact, He specifically says to do good to those who don't, to us.  So I went back in the house and got a new shirt for him. 

He complained about it being a sweatshirt, until I told him a cold front was coming later and he'd want it.  Later on, he thanked me specifically for getting it. 

We went to the warehouse.  I was still pretty mad at him.  He was having his usual existential mope/anger thing.  I so wish I could get him on antidepressants, I venture he would be a whole new man. 

I got our supplies, and what turned out to be a HUGE sack of candy for the service providers.  I bought Starburst, salted peanuts, Payday, Peanut M&M's, Jolly Ranchers.... you get the idea.  I can barely pick up the bag. 

Ron later accused me of trying to "buy friends".  That's not why I do it.  I'm doing it to nurture service providers and introduce them to Jesus. 

I also got what we needed for work.  I found some really nice Ozarka sparkling water and put that in with my personal stuff.  If we're not going to sell it, and I'm going to consume it, then it's "mine" in a property sense and a financial sense.  So I pay for it.  And I did. 

Jack came and we got everything loaded, then went to work.  It was starting to get cooler but not too bad.  We unloaded while Ron got to work filling the (still working) bottled vendor. 

I was worried it would rain, but it didn't.  Thank God. 

I didn't stock much snacks because I just did, yesterday.  "Big Chips" (1.5 ounce bags) were sold out so I stocked them with hot chips.  They love their hot chips.  I will sell out of 40 in a day, on a good day, and that's $20 profit for me. 

Ron was busy sorting change in the stockroom.  I sat down with one of my sparkling waters (very good) and a customer complained that soda #3 wasn't working.  I opened it to have a look and the coin cartridge cassette fell out on the floor.  It's more like I opened the machine and coins exploded everywhere, with 2 pieces of the cartridge on the floor.  I sighed. 

At least I didn't have to worry about Ron running me over while I sat on the floor.  Now, an average coin mech cartridge holds about 200-300 coins.  This one held closer to 300.  So I sat on the floor, reassembled the mech, and loaded with the coins.  I was sitting cross-legged.  I realized that must be how I fell a couple weeks ago, as my bruises were a little cranky. 

Then Ron started yelling for me.  I lumbered halfway to my feet.  One of the postal workers yelled I was "On my knees".  I can't make this stuff up. 

I went over to Ron and told him what was going on and asked if he needed me.  "No, I just wanted to tell you I finished".  Well, I'm not. 

I finished with my pickup and got the mech reinstalled.  Ron rolled up near it and I yelped at him not to open it.  I was afraid it would fall out again, and explode.  Wait until Monday. 

I hope it's just a one-off deal.  If it falls out again we will need the repairman. 

It's a good thing I'm an engineer's daughter.  I am always finding something to tinker.  After that, we called a cab home (Ron was able to get a ride to and from work, but the ride home was looking ugly). 

We got in a nice little sedan and went off down the road.  And we got rear-ended at an intersection, which shoved us into a very pretty muscle car, not sure what it is.  I think a Charger.  We pulled over.  The white car (the one that hit us) ran off.  [Censored]  We were the second chair out of 3. 

I rapped my left shinbone on the back of the driver's seat, but it wasn't bad.  I might have a bruise, but what's one more after my fall last week?  The driver was pretty upset, understandably. 

He smoked a couple of cigarettes, out in the cold (the cold front had arrived).  He tried to get ahold of the chain of command, but they weren't picking up.  He was very frustrated.  I felt bad for him. 

Ron and I were fine.  I asked the driver if he minded me getting a drink and he said go ahead.  I got a couple of diet Dr Peppers and some chips (one bag I'm going to eat later).  I went back and the other car was gone, and we were on our way. 

The driver said he would have to go to Yellow headquarters (downtown) after he dropped us because he wasn't getting any support.  I couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if one of us had been badly hurt. 

We got stuck in traffic, too, because a light was out.  I felt so bad for that poor driver.  He's just trying to make a living and all this! 

We finally got home and he took all our stuff (including my very heavy bag of candy) into the garage.  The garage door was open.  I have a theory about that.  I am pretty sure Ron closed it when we left (the door to the house, from the garage, is always kept locked).  However, I had my remote in a box of Bibles over by Baby Girl's box.  I noticed the Bibles had been disarranged.  So I think someone got in the box (a cat) and triggered the remote to open the door, sometime after we left. 

I will have to move my remote back to my Bible Handout Vest. 

We came in the house.  I ate my small bag of Sour Cream and Onion Ruffles (one of my favorites) and drank a Diet Dr Pepper.  I figured what with my drama and sleep deprivation it would be a good idea to take my medication early.  So I did.  It settled fine.  Good to know. 

I took a nap and slept pretty well. I woke up with a headache so I took some Excedrin.  My leg is not hurting so any damage, if I have it, is minimal.  I will have to wait until tomorrow and see if I have a bruise.  This time I will go ahead and wear my capris.  The fall left me black and blue all down the side of my left calf, it looked really bad, but a small bruise from a car accident should be "acceptable".  All these social rules. 

I got up.  Now, I need to 1.  Call my Dad.  2.  Do my God Time 3.  Finish the laundry.  4.  Get a new bag of cat food out of storage and put it in the container.  5.  Put my garage remote back in the proper place. 

We had thought about going out tomorrow, Ron was actually talking about going to church with Eric tomorrow, but after the accident and the traffic we are both a little burned out on transportation right now! 

I hope to go to bed early tonight, sleep late tomorrow, and maybe do another load of clothes.  Clean the litterbox, maybe clean out a kitchen cabinet.  I told Ron I would work on the kitchen cabinets and I intend to do so. 

No comments: