Saturday, April 21, 2018

A litter box confession

Today was interesting.  Ron was in a bad mood when we went to the warehouse. 

Then I asked the greeter to show Ron how to fold boxes, something she does while she's working, and it's quiet.  She's thought it was "mean" to "make" him do that, but today she did it. 

I went and did my shopping (I got some Blow-pops to add to the candy bags, paid for with my own money).  I always buy the evangelism candy with my own money.  I should be set for another week or so, now. 

When I checked out, I saw Ron working over a cardboard box, folding it.  The greeter pointed out a stack of about a dozen boxes "He did them all".  He was very slow because he only has one good hand, but it was keeping him busy. 

Like me, Ron does better when he's busy.  He talks about "retiring" sometimes but it would be catastrophic for him.  He needs a reason to get up in the morning. 

We went to work.  Sales were DEAD.  We stocked what we could and left. 

We came home, I ate a snack and took my pills.  Ron got into the vodka.  I had a good nap. 

I got up with a headache, took something, and got on the computer for a little bit.  Then I did my God time and called my parents. 

Dad suggested I look into getting NIV Bibles for the Handouts.  He thinks KJV is going to be "too hard" for my recipients, and I agree.  Even a very intelligent man I respect, once said KJV was "too hard to understand". 

Then I came back in here. 

I guess I should tell you about the battle of the litter box (in the computer room).  Ron told me I should, but it's embarrassing. 

Now I've really got your attention! 

So, I had a box in here.  It is hard for a human to access, as it is in a corner, behind a piece of furniture.  The cats can get over there easy, though. 

Torbie kept knocking it over, so I emptied it, and left it empty in the corner.  Torbie got pissed and started pooping in the empty box.  I didn't empty it.  She kept going, leaving quite a harvest, let me tell you.  She never peed, just pooped. 

So, I gave up.  She wins.  I cleaned out the box and filled it with litter.  And Biscuit knocked it over.  I put him in the box, rather rudely, and went out to find my Bible coupon (10% off plus free shipping), in the garage.  When I came back Biscuit was out of the box (he had been about to do something, when I left, don't know what he left but he left something), and walking around.  And then Torbie wanted to use it.  Hey, let's put our paws up on the edge of the box like Biscuit did and almost knock it over, again! 

AGH!  The only thing I can think to do is to use a shallow box, they won't want to put their paws on the edge of it anymore.  They are fine with the other two shallow boxes.  They win. 

I lose. 

I think I have an extra box out in the garage.  Sometimes it pays to be a little hoard-y. 

And I have to check my bank to ensure the deposit cleared, and then I can buy the Bibles.  These coupons are great - free shipping can't be beat!  A case of Bibles weighs 30 pounds.  That's 28 Bibles.  Consider I buy my Bibles in the hundred-count (thank you sponsors).  That's a lot of shipping! 

And, last time, I got them in 4 days. 

A little bragging.  March 22 I bought 100 NKJV Bibles (when they were still printing them).  I have 28 left.  God did the work.  I just went.  But there is definitely a market out there for the Bibles.  I can't believe I'm the only one I know, doing this.  There is a huge hunger for Bibles, out there. 

Why is no one going to the bad neighborhood and sharing Jesus?  The recipients are awesome.  The only problem I have is people trying to give me money.  I won't say they love me but they love what I am doing.  Not all of them, of course, but there is nothing more rewarding than giving a Bible to an eager gang member. 

One interesting note: I seem to be called to the Bloods.  They wear red.  I never see blue (Crips) anywhere on a Handout.  Just red.  That's fine.  I like red. 

My favorite color is orange, the color of my safety vest. 

Anyway, off to check my balance and order a couple hundred Bibles. 

No comments: