Saturday, April 14, 2018

Crying wolf

Friday was pretty boring.  We went to work, stocked, did our inventory.  We came home, Ron drank, I took a nap.  We had some severe weather and lost power so I went to bed early. 

Torbie and Biscuit have been sleeping with me lately, and they did last night.  I woke up at 3 AM in agonizing pain, wracked with death cramps.  They were awful.  I got up and cleaned myself up, used my products, and took a naproxen.  It works pretty well on cramps, or it used to. 

Ron was awake and told me about Syria getting bombed.  We agreed it is a step towards Isaiah 17, but we're not there yet.  The Bible actually says Damascus will be completely destroyed, overnight, one day. 

I went back to bed.  I was still in pretty severe pain.  Biscuit got in bed with me and laid on my pelvis, purring.  It felt so good.  He purred away until the medicine kicked in and I went back to sleep. 

What a good boy.  I slept in a little and got up for work.  Jack couldn't help so it was Chuck today.  I fed Biscuit, the good stuff (Chicken Primavera), and left for work. 

We had a new driver.  Ron tried to talk to him about Isaiah 17 but the driver was very liberal "I have my own news, I don't listen to conventional news".  Also said he had "secret sources in Iraq" and was basically better than all of us conservative peasants.  This is why I don't talk politics in the vehicle, odds are the driver is diametrically politically opposed to us and it will just end up in an argument.  They agreed to disagree but I could tell Ron was baffled and frustrated. 

We got to the warehouse and I got all our supplies.  Lots of fun, putting 6 cases of water on the cart.  We had a fair amount of drinks but not too bad.  I didn't get many snacks, considering, because I already had a lot. 

We waited on Chuck, he came, we talked a little.  Chuck told us about his dog.  He got a rescue dog a while back.  Actually, it used to be his roommate's dog but a niece is apparently allergic.  They gave it to someone else, who wasn't taking good care of it, so it went back to Chuck.  Chuck really enjoys the dog and is what I would consider to be a good pet parent. 

We went out to the truck.  He had to park in the middle of a big puddle so we could load.  Someone else had taken the "good spot".  They park their trucks in the loading area so they "save" the spot for themselves, but they make it impossible for other customers to load their trucks, in the meantime.  Very rude. 

I called for help, and he came eventually.  I was really happy to see him.  Jack is very active in loading but Chuck has health problems that prevent it.  So I had the helper stand in the truck bed, and I handed everything up to him.  It worked very well but was a little more work than I usually do.  I don't mind at all, and I'm not hurting, so I am pretty "fit" for the work I guess.  I may be fat but I have muscles under there! 

We left and went to work.  I got the carts.  Ron got in the truck bed and shoved things at me.  It worked very well.  Ron said it was something he could do and it worked for him.  We got the carts loaded, Chuck left, and we got the carts into our area. 

Things were a little complicated by the fact they were waxing the entryway, and had only left a very narrow area to pass.  I managed to thread it and get Ron, plus 3 carts, through. 

I put them away and did a little stocking while Ron ran change.  I went to the bathroom, on the way back I got a text message from Ron "Help!". 

I ran back to him, thinking he had some sort of toilet emergency.  No, he just had a question about the coin sorter.  I suggested he only use "Help!" for toilet emergencies to avoid crying wolf.  He understood completely. 

We finished our work and left.  It was very cold and windy.  Imagine my joy when it started to rain.  I put Ron over by the Postal Inspectors (a covered alcove, out of the wind), and waited out where it was more exposed.  I had forgotten my jacket.  It was raining.  And cold.  And windy.  Not fun. 

Times like that I get a little yanked that my mother drank so much when pregnant, damaging my brain so I can't drive.  Our ride came on time. 

He's an interesting driver, he drives very slowly and cautiously.  I don't think he understands the word "hurry".  I gave him his candy and he started eating it while I got Ron.  We loaded Ron and headed home. 

The driver stopped for gas on the way, we didn't mind.  Be kind of dumb to mind.  I sure don't want to run out of gas in most of the neighborhoods between work and home.  Not unless I have my sign and a case of Bibles. 

We got home, I took a nap.  I slept pretty late, until 4.  Biscuit joined me.  Torbie was there until I fell asleep, then she left.  I think she went to Ron for treats.  Let me see if I can find her.  She's in my bed, in her spot. 

We all have our spots in my bed.  Biscuit gets the foot/waist area. Torbie gets left knee area.  Baby Girl hasn't gotten in my bed for 5 years, and she only did that the night that Bubba died. 

It's been about 5 years since I got Torbie.  She's been awesome.  All of my cats are awesome in their own way.  I tried to kiss Biscuit on the head a little while ago, and he wouldn't let me.  Other than that, he's perfect. 

Which reminds me, I need to clean the litter boxes. 

No comments: