Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Enough about the toilet, already! (Can't sleep)

I went to bed early. 

I need to stop thinking "Wow, #6 has been so quiet lately" because, whenever I do, they get rowdy.  Tonight it was "Watch a movie at full volume on the surround sound speakers" night.  I had to listen to the entire audio track of the movie, booming through my bedroom wall. 

They did this a couple times around the flooding we had with Harvey.  Not sure why they want to do this whenever we have weather.  But they did and it went on for over an hour. 

I would have called the police, but 1.  I didn't think they would keep it down, even if the police came out and made them turn it down.  2.  Ron was still asleep.  Ron's kind of my benchmark.  If he can sleep I don't worry as much about the noise. 

I lay in bed praying, asking God to put love in my heart, and His thoughts in my head.  I mocked the dialogue - I made puppet hands and had them "talk" with the sound track, or pretended to lip sync the conversations.  I did other goofy stuff I forget. 

It finally stopped.  I went to sleep for a little bit - I had Torbie in bed with me, but then Ron, and the thunderstorm (it was well known we had a thunderstorm coming tonight, one reason I think they did the loud movie tonight).  I had thunder, lightning, some rain, and Ron constantly flushing the toilet because "It isn't making the sound it used to do".  I finally made him stop. 

He thinks we need a drain line cleanout.  I told him that is only when you have waste in the bathtub.  He got ugly at that and was mocking me, I finally went back to bed.  I couldn't hear him over my noisemaker, and the thunder. 

He didn't like my tone of voice, which was harsh, but if I very hesitantly and meekly told him what the plumber had said about the drain line cleanout he wouldn't have believed me. 

As it is, he wants to spend money on a plumber so we can "get it fixed".  It's flushing.  I don't get the urgency.  It does make a funny noise during the flush, and on the refill, but it does refill.   If Ron's paying he might get the plumber out. 

I am pleased to announce it has been a couple of years since we had the plumber out.  Ron was able to fix the "toilet running" issue so we may be due for a tune-up.  I never knew getting a "good" toilet meant it would require so much upkeep! 

I've been up for a while, I'm going to try to go back to bed.  Oh, and something triggered #6's car alarm at 12:30 AM so they got woken up, too.  I was saying things like "How does it feel?" to them while the alarm was going off. 

Petty, I know. 

No comments: