Monday, April 23, 2018

Good news about the van

Several years ago, #6 bought a 13 passenger van.  Now, the mother drives a minivan and the father drivers a pickup truck.  They occupied the driveway. 

Unlike some subdivisions in Houston, ours has limited parking.  2 car driveways, maybe one space in front of the house on the street, and that's it.  That's not going to work when you're a family of 8. 

They parked the passenger van in front of the house, on the street.  No real problems unless they had people over, they would have to park across the street, in front of my house, etc. 

I don't mind if someone parks in front of my house, on the street.  It's their right, I don't "own" it.  But I do mind if they park in, or blocking, my driveway.  And that was happening a lot. 

Apparently the man at #6 got angry one day when his wife's friend parked in "his" parking spot in the driveway.  He came over insisting that he would park the van in my driveway. 

1.  I don't want their kids running wild all over my property, loading and unloading.  It took me about 10 years to get them OFF my property. 

2.  It's MY driveway, not theirs. 

and

3.  We need the driveway for the wheelchair vans. 

So I told him no.  He told me he would mow my front yard (which is tiny).  I told him no.  He doesn't even mow his own yard, how could I expect him to mow MY yard?  And, I'll refer you back to #1-3.  He had a tantrum, in front of his kid.  Why he brought his kid to tell me he was going to steal my driveway, I don't know.  It was apparent he really didn't expect any objection. 

Just because I don't have a car, doesn't mean I don't have transportation.  Their problem is their problem, not mine.  There were also legal issues "Law of adverse possession" at fault, if they parked their for a period of time they would then "own" the driveway.  So, hell no. 

He stomped off and that was that for a while.  They were running some kind of shuttle bus, people would drop off their kids and they would load the van full of kids and go off to school.  It was annoying, because the parents dropping off and picking up, ALWAYS blocked my driveway.  Always. 

I noticed a couple months ago the van was gone.  I figured it was broken.  But instead of the van, they have an old jeep-type vehicle.  Now, their oldest should be about the right age to drive, I'm guessing it's "his". 

And the van is still gone.  The mother takes her kids, only, to school every day now. 

Best of all, no one's blocking my driveway anymore. 

No comments: