Saturday, April 21, 2018

Oh, boy

Ron's in a bitter and angry mood this morning. 

Sometimes I want to shake him and say "count your blessings, already!".  Do you know, in the old Soviet Union, disabled people had to share wheelchairs?  I get it one week, you get it next week, Bob gets it the third week, and then it comes back to me. 

And he has 3 wheelchairs.  And a wheelchair ramp.  A devoted wife.  3 wonderful cats, electricity, utilities, a good roof over his head, savings, enough money to eat out now and then, I could go on. 

But he's bitter about his problems, and angry that God won't come back and "fix" him.  Maybe God needs him like this! 

That's how I always approach my issues, God has to have me exactly the way I am.  I can't do what He needs me to do any other way.  If I were "normal", I would be useless (and I would probably have a very boring blog). 

I know Ron has a lot of problems, I just wish, for once, he would practice gratitude (and this from a woman battling depression). 

No comments: