Sunday, April 29, 2018

Until I drop

Another bad night for Ron (and me), but he is doing well today, it seems.  He's mainly hanging out in bed with the cats. 

I got up pretty early and did my computer, God Time, and shower (not in that order).  Then I got on the computer again. 

I talked to Ron, some.  He wants to move his vodka bottle into his bedroom because it's "too hard" to walk up to the kitchen and get it.  I told him he should practice taking the wheelchair up and down the hall, a couple of times an hour, to build up his strength but he doesn't seem to want to do that. 

The last time he had the vodka in the bedroom, he was doing unconscious drinking and having massive blackouts.  So he will have to learn this again, for himself. 

Probably keep me up a few nights,though. 

I took a nap, slept pretty well, I had Torbie.  She slept under my arm and was very cute.  When I got up she went back to Ron. 

I woke up with a headache but I decided to tough it out, it worked.  I think it was just a little dehydrated.  I go though a lot of water every day. 

I watched some TV for a while, ate, offered to fix Ron something (I try to be a "good wife") and, just now, got back on the computer. 

Now I need to go to bed pretty shortly.  I just pray no one else put pennies in the vending machine.  I can fix it but I would rather not get the bad will from the customers, and the lost sales. 

So, off I go.  Never fear, I prayed for you today, will do it tomorrow, and will continue to pray until I drop. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remind Ron:
Ron Drunk 24/7 = Heather doesn’t get sleep = Ron Goes In A Nursing Home

Anonymous said...

Talked to my alcoholic dad this morning. He gets drunk to pass out and when he wakes up in the middle of the night he drinks again to fall asleep. Pitiful.

Anonymous said...

Well how many times during the week of him being drunk and her not sleeping will it take? Is she talking about 7 day a week drunken binges / sleepless nights? Is him not letting her sleep 2-3 times a week an OK ratio? Truthfully I do not think she would ever put him in a nursing home nor will she leave him regardless of how little sleep she gets. She did say last year she would leave after the New Year and then changed her mind. It is OK if you don't want to leave

Heather, I know many circumstances would prevent you from being able to keep the cats, get a different job, etc and leave him so I don't blame you for staying. But you should still work on getting your own disability income/payments though.