Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Test results

 I finally got to sleep around 1 AM.  My alarm went off at 4.  I decided I wouldn't be optimal for my God Time anyway so I reset the alarm for 5.  When it went off again, I got up, leaving Torbie, and took my shower, dressed, etc. 

We went to work.  We thought we were meeting the repairman but he rescheduled for Friday.  Happily, my last "fix" is working.  People can still buy their bottled drinks. 

I stocked, candy bars have been popular.  I got them done.  I had 2 people buy peanut butter crackers from me while I stocked, so they are also popular. 

I helped Ron do his work and we got it all done.  We went out a little early and saw a cab trying to get through the gate. 

A police officer went out to him.  He said he was picking someone up, but didn't have a phone number for his fare (which is BS, because Yellow always provides a phone number for the fare).  When they told him he would have to wait in the public parking area (where we wait on our rides), he got miffed and left. 

Basically speaking, Ron is the only person who's taking a cab from work, ever, and I think that guy was up to no good.  Besides, if someone wanted a ride home they would call it at shift change, not when everyone's having their coffee break and looking forward to lunch. 

Our ride showed up eventually and took us home, eventually.  She went very close to where I plan to do the Handout tomorrow, I thought that was interesting.  I wanted to ask her to go another couple blocks down the street, but decided against it.  She wouldn't have understood. 

I got a call from my doctor, all my test results were in the normal range.  Excellent.  When I got home, I checked my email and found my glucose was 88 (excellent) and my lithium level was .64 (ideal).  I was really happy about it.  All my other numbers were great.  It has been really hard for me to get a good lithium level so I'm thrilled it's ideal. 

We got home and I took a nap.  Blessed nap.  Torbie joined me.  I woke up at one point but went back to sleep.  I got up a little before our pickup to go to the taqueria.  We had a good time. 

We had a ride to go home.  Now, in our notes it said "Mexican Restaurant".  It's on a very busy street with many restaurants.  Instead of going by the address, the driver stopped at the first Mexican Restaurant he found and banged on the door.  It was closed.  Then he tried to call dispatch and say we "Weren't there".  Dispatch called Ron, who painstakingly explained the address, we were at the address, sitting outside.  Then the driver showed up, with a lot of excuses. 

I don't think the driver is going to make it very long.  He went the wrong way down the street, to take us home.  It is literally one mile straight down the road, hang a right, hang another right and we're home.  I had to tell him he was going the wrong way "Oh, I thought the GPS was wrong".  [facepalm]  I kept my mouth shut, somehow. 

We finally got home.  While eating, Ron turned his "no" to the Bible Handout into a "yes".  I found an address near the corner and he made a trip to go there.  We gave it 2 hours. 

My handouts, of late, have been running about 2 hours for a case (28) of Bibles, plus extra.  I always bring extra.  So I set everything up.  It all went well except the case of Bibles is about an inch and a half too short to go across the arms of the wheelchair.  So Ron will have to hold it, in his lap.  I also taped the small "Free Bibles" sign to the top of the case of Bibles, so it won't get damaged or bent in transit. 

Instead of my handcart, I will be pushing Ron in the wheelchair.  He will be holding the Bibles in his lap and my tote bag (I wear it on my shoulder and distribute from it) will hang on the back of the wheelchair.  I have everything set up except for putting Ron in the wheelchair, and donning my vest and hat. 

We are going to bed early tonight.  Neither of us slept well last night and we could stand to stock up. 

That's it for now.  I'll be praying for you (I did my God Time before I got online, today). 

No comments: