Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Pill day!

The happiest day of the week, pill day! 

I woke up early, with a headache.  I took something for it.  I go through a lot of generic headache pills, and I always have a good stash.  It was suggested to me, back in February, to take a (generic) Excedrin whenever I felt a bad headache coming on, as that would often stop a migraine dead.  I took the advice, so far, so good. 

I took a shower and did my God Time.  I didn't have to shave my legs, even though, with my "new" capris, the hemline is only a few inches above my ankle.  I'm going to have some white legs this summer! 

God Time went well.  I was anticipating my Bible Handout tomorrow. 

Ron took me to Walmart, and was nice about it.  We had a lot to do, pay the electric bill (long story), make my health insurance/autopay deposit (can't have things bouncing), get my pills, and then do all my shopping.  Ron was very agreeable to us spending an hour and a half at the store, which was a nice change of pace. 

I didn't find a kiddie cart, so I just pushed Ron in the wheelchair.  First we paid the electric bill.  She was nice and I liked her, she got it done.  Then we had to wait in line to do the deposit.  This, I told Ron, is why I wanted more time.  I got the deposit done while watching someone's children run wild, banging on the teller computers and wreaking general havoc.  I wanted to ask her if she let them act like that at home, but didn't want a confrontation.  It was enough to make me swear off having children, forever. 

If Ron wasn't already fixed I think he would have done it, himself. 

So I finished.  Now it's time to go to the pharmacy!  No line for this, but it took her a little while to find everything.  I had "four".  That is my standard lineup.  No phenergan, but I am OK for a while.  I have a prescription I got from my primary, and it has a refill, and I still have some of the "other" phenergan from a few years back. 

We went through the pills together.  Haldol, Bupropion, "This one" she said as she pointed at the generic Divaloproex.  And, everyone's favorite, she brought out a huge bag full of pill bottles "The lithium!" I cried happily. 

There is nothing like being literally insane, and then finding out pills will take care of it.  With the pills, I have a good life.  Without the pills I go back to being insane and suicidal.  So it's always a big deal to me, to get my pills. 

$160.  So the insurance takes off about $40 a month on my 3-month refills.  I pay about $420 a month for that insurance.  You can do the math and see the insurance company is well ahead in this game.  But I didn't care about that.  I had 3 months of sanity in my hands.  We paid and I put it away in the backpack. 

Then I took Ron up front and left him there, after getting his verbal list of things he wanted.  I did the shopping.  A lot of little kids at the store, and a fair amount of seniors.  It's late in the month, I would think everyone is broke.  But we had to go later because the bank, etc. only opens later. 

I got everything on my list, and Ron's.  I focused on canned food this time.  1.  We are coming up on hurricane season and 2.  I need stuff I can eat, that's easy to prepare. 

I love, for instance, field peas.  I can't get enough of them, I don't know why I don't eat more of them.  They are delicious, tiny, beans in a bacon flavored broth.  They aren't mushy, they have a good texture.  I first ate them at my in-laws.  They thought I was nuts because I loved poor folk food, but they're good! 

Like I said, I don't know why I don't eat more.  So I bought more.  I also got some Hormel Compleats for Ron, he likes them a lot, especially the chicken alfredo and the pot roast flavor.  All you do is take off the wrapper and stick it in the microwave, you can store it in a cupboard.  I am exploring and trying to find flavors that I like, because that would be a great thing to have on hand if we lost power (thunderstorm or hurricane).  I got some more tuna, but forgot to get more mayo.  You get the idea. 

I had a lot of canned food in my "buggy" when I finished.  Then I bought some Gatorades because those are always nice to hand out to the yard man, etc. 

I didn't buy any cat food or litter.  1.  I have plenty of both and 2.  I was pretty much at my weight limit.  I checked out, it took me a while to find someone. 

I paid up and went to McDonald's.  I bought a couple of hamburgers for dinner (Ron didn't want anything) and went out to Ron.  And it was about our pickup time.  We went out. 

It was a cab.  Now the paratransit cab seats the driver and 3 passengers, plus one wheelchair in the back.  The driver already had two passengers and their suitcases (dialysis patients always bring a lot of crap with them, to their treatments), plus me, Ron, and our groceries.  It was a tight fit. 

I was glad I hadn't bought any litter! 

We dropped the one lady off, and then we went home.  I dragged everything into the house (including Ron) and started putting away all the canned stuff.  I was glad I had cleared out a shelf in my little pantry.  The personal care stuff was easy, that all went in the bathroom. 

I'd had a shake at McDonald's.  If I wasn't taking my pills I would have just gone to bed.  But I'd had it long enough ago that it probably wouldn't "hold" my pills anyway.  And I had to do up my pills before I even took them.  Sorting all the doses into days of the week takes a good half hour but has to be done. 

I decided I would take my pills later,with a hamburger, and went to take a nap.  I had a pretty good nap but I woke up with yet another headache.  So, more headache pills. 

I got online for a while and then did up my pills, heated up that hamburger and tried one of those "microwave and eat" macaroni and cheese cups.  It wasn't bad, but it was a little hot when I ate it.  I think I scorched my tongue. 

I did get some bad news today.  Often, I end up doing a Handout not far from a church or other place of worship.  I (unintentionally) once did a Handout right down the road from a mosque.  My current location is no different, about 1/2 a mile away is a large church. 

Why the church can't hand out the Bibles themselves is a subject for another blog.  Suffice to say, I'm handing out Bibles on their doorstep.  Not a problem. 

BUT.  They invited Benny Hinn to come and do some kind of production at the church tomorrow, right when I would have been doing my Handout. 

Now, I'll do a Handout in the rain (I actually did one in severe weather, it totally destroyed my sign).  I'll do a Handout with a migraine.  I'll do a Handout after a night of verbal abuse.  I'll do a Handout after Ron's had an all-night blackout.  I'll do a Handout after a night I couldn't sleep.  I'll do a Handout after the neighbors had an all night party and then Ron verbally abused me. 

But I will not endorse Benny Hinn, even by implication, doing a Handout on his doorstep while he's doing his production.  Nope, I won't do it. 

And I would have thought the only time I wouldn't do a Handout is if I were sick, and contagious.  Guess I have another rule. 

I don't think it's appropriate to name call or judge him, but I don't agree with his methods.  The Bible says, Romans 14:4, not to judge God's other servants:
Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

So, God will deal with him, if he needs it.  I am just going to keep my hands clean and stay home.  It's a shame, Ron was totally prepared to go with me and everything, but he agrees.  

I guess we can go next week, but it may be tricky.  We have to fix the catio, one of the shelves came down, so Ron has to call the handyman to come out and fix it.  Biscuit likes to get up on those shelves.  That will be one day.  Probably another day for Ron to take off.  Then when to do the Handout?  Ron can't go after work, it's too hard on his back.  We'll figure it out.  

In the meantime, I have a cute, fat, Biscuit lying by my foot.  He is so cute when he's hungry, he puts his front paws and his head in my lap and meows pitifully.  I just can't refuse him when he does that.  

Torbie has hung out with Ron all day, in his room, on the condo.  I'm trying not to be jealous.  She's such a sweet cat it's impossible to be mad at her.  And, Biscuit left.  

Oh, well.  

It's already 8 PM so I think I'll go to bed.  I don't want to mess up my sleep cycle.  We have to get up at - well, our pickup on Friday will probably be 3:45 or so.  In the morning.  So I will need to go to bed early tomorrow night.  

I always have trouble sleeping on those nights, even if I don't partake of caffeine.  I just can't sleep.  I can usually catch a nap when I get home, though.  

That's it for now.  Have a good one.  Even if I don't write it out, I am praying for you every day.  :)  

No comments: