Tuesday, April 17, 2018

How much is organic?

I slept OK last night, didn't wake up with a headache.  But I woke up depressed.  I had a hard time getting my shower and doing my God Time.  It's sapped my joy and motivation for the day. 

I always wonder how much is "circumstances" and how much is just organic.  It's hard to say.  Even if I lost Ron just losing him would cause a depression.  So, no way to know.  I tend to get depressed in April, anyway. 

I ate some yogurt (I didn't feel like cooking) and took my pills.  Biscuit started begging for dry food and his bowl was empty, so I filled it. 

Torbie has stayed on the top shelf of Ron's kitty condo, all day.  I told Ron she must be stuck because she hasn't moved, all day.  She seems very happy up there so I just petted her a little now and then (she has such a fluffy tummy!), and left her alone the rest of the time. 

I took a nap, Ron was quiet.  I had a dream I was practicing witchcraft and it really freaked me out.  I apologized to God when I woke up a little and went back to sleep, but I was working on a headache.  I got up and took some Excedrin. 

Excedrin has caffeine so I was still depressed, but with a little more energy.  I cleaned up a little, I walked around picking up stuff that is obviously trash.  It's not much but it helps.  I try to do what I can, when I can, and keeping busy helps with the depression. 

Ron has stayed in bed all day, except for getting up to drink, and use the bathroom.  He reminds me of Torbie. 

I think I will take the girl cats some fish treats (Baby Girl, I think, is at her front window), just to give them a little something special.  They are good cats and I enjoy spoiling them. 

Boy, I'm glad I don't have kids.  Times like this I would make a lousy mother. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Before i left home i was bed ridden with depression, i have so much empathy for you! That was an eye opener for sure to how physicall as well as mentally drepession can be . You are such a strong woman .