Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I've been busy but it's not all bad

Monday I got stung by a wasp, and had major conflict with my husband. Tuesday, my lone day off. I had fun and handed out my Bibles. Today we had to work so I could get paid before everyone else did.

The bank was very quiet today, so was the Walmart. Worth working; even though it was up at 5 and on my feet until 2. We went to Sam's Club. I found a delightful "Cold bag" I bought with my own money. I got chips, candy bars, and granola bars for my guys. Due to an unfortunate Metrolift screwup, I had barely half an hour at work. The new stuff pretty much went unstocked. I was fortunate to be able to repair a theft issue - placing a coil protector on the offending coil so they can't steal anymore.

I get aggravated; they are able-bodied, and make on average about $30K a year. We are both disabled, and I make $7K a year. That's right - I make a quarter what they do. I have heard some bizarre statements about how we are rich, service every machine in the building (HA!), and get our merchandise for free! [snort] I don't get the whole hating loop stuck in my head, but I am annoyed. Then I shrug and say, plenty of times we had a coin jam and no one filed for a refund!

I did the pull and got my pay together. However, I am not going to walk around paying everyone with wads of $1 bills. It sounds like a great way to get mugged again! We had a good ride to the bank. I handed out Driver candy to the driver and a passenger. I handed out Driver Candy at Sam's Club, the bank, and Walmart.

Let me define Driver Candy here: ALWAYS at least a handful of candy, with some kind of Jesus stuff inside. It is usually a Scripture booklet with Bible verses on how to know God, and what He wants of your life. Often, I put a New Testament in the bag, too. I go through a lot of quart bags! I will be putting "Where to Look in the New Testament" in there too when I finish it and get them copied. I carry an extra tote bag just for this stuff; and I "aim" to go home with an empty bag every day. I also have Spanish Driver Candy - with the special candies they like and a Spanish booklet and/or New Testament. I also carry Chinese and Vietnamese booklets.

I handed out a LOT today. It makes me happy, and I know it pleases God. Next stop, Walmart.

I put Ron in the seat on the back of the cart, and went off to make my deposit. God forbid I lose any cash, I want the bill and God debits to clear! I did that, and as I was handing out Driver Candy to all the tellers I heard laughter. I turned around, and the bank manager is spinning Ron's cart around in circles. Ron is looking baffled. I start shrieking with laughter, and then begin laughing so hard I begin to bray like a donkey. EVERYONE is staring. The manager stops playing with Ron's cart as I'm doubled over, braying with laughter. Ron suddenly realizes "That wasn't Heather!" and looks around, like who did that? I manage to gasp out the details to him and he laughs. I finally calm down enough to push the cart away from the bank area, still laughing. Oh, I needed that. Everyone in the checkout area got a good laugh, too.

I get some amazing responses when I laugh. When they realize I am laughing, they just smile at me. It's cute. I will have to have someone do video of me laughing and put it up.

I wanted a hamburger and a big bucket of diet soda, so I went to the food place and got them. Ron wanted something from the deli, we did that. I had left my shopping list at work! I managed to guess most of what I needed.

One thing I got were the underbed pads. I told Ron last night: "I'm going to feel horrible buying these, because they will probably look at you and say 'Poor thing!' but I want these on my bed." I am tired of Bubba vomiting in my bed. He does so on a regular basis. If I place a towel on the bed, he moves to another area and vomits there instead. It's just an overeating issue. What's he doing now? Eating.

So, my thought is that I will have a pad on top of the bed. He can lie on it. The pad is designed to deal with a human amount of matter, so it can handle Bubba. He has proven reluctant today. Worst case, I can put it UNDER the sheet and only have to worry about washing a sheet. God forbid I get sick in bed, I won't have as much of a mess.

I got shop towels. The Name Brand! I want them for cleaning my skillet and some housework jobs. They were a good deal. I got a giant thing of laundry detergent - very excited about that. It was only about $7, had a really nice fragrance, and did a good job on the first load. I hate running low on detergent, and the nice thing about Metrolift - if I have a big heavy thing, it's really no harder to get home! I checked the fragrance with Ron. I liked the pink flower fragrance but figured it was too girly. He agreed.

I spoiled myself a little: I got my favorite powdered drink mix, the portable kind you put into a 20 ounce bottle of water. I am very sensitive to food dyes, so I can only drink Apple, Lemonade, and hopefully Diet Peach Decaf tea.

Speaking of headaches, I think my new herbal routine will fix that problem. I expect I may get more, but not as frequent. This week, I only needed to take a painkiller for my wasp sting, and I had been taking something daily.

I got bottled soda, and some Diet Mountain Dew. I have a very early wakeup on Friday - 2:30 AM. The Dew will be delicious. I LOOOOVE Diet Mountain Dew. Why do I never drink it?

Ew. I just remembered the leftover Sam's Club sausage - I put it in a baggie in my coat pocket. I need to get rid of that. Done. Someone had a tail-wagging good time.

While I was out in the yard, I checked on some of my plants and picked some sugar snap peas. They are doing well. I only got a 4 foot row, but I get at least a cup of peas a week. These are the fat edible pod ones. They run about $3 for a small bag at my Walmart, so they paid for themselves with my first harvest. They've been fun, they're good for the soil, and I'll do them again.

Obviously I'm not real eager to do more garden work right now. My hand still bothers me, and my shorts-clad legs were the target of some vicious mosquito phlebotomy! I do have a lovely playpen. I enjoyed picking the vegetables and smelling the lovely roses.

I am tired of the demonic attacks telling me I won't be able to keep the house, and I should just "give up". Yes, we have some issues, but I'm refusing to get upset about issues that may come up 1-20 years from now. But the Devil keeps throwing them at me, trying to drag me down.

I love to serve God, but it does come with a price.

No comments: