Thursday, April 29, 2010

I got inspected

Our vending program requires regular inspections. Our guy came out today.

As he walked in, Ron and I were chatting with some Postal Workers as they prepared their lunches. He looked around and we talked.

Fortunately, he was not present when one food machine went down, and then the other. A lot of controlled tension, outright Ron profanity, and a moderate amount of beating on a machine. Happily, they are stocked and running now. They're old - they have hiccups. When I consider how many parts are in a cold food vending machine, I'm somewhat awed they work as well as they do.

We had the review "The repairman put new brains in this one, this one's good, this one's good. Coffee's fine. Hey, check out the meter reading on my really old snack machine!"

He wants to get me a new snack machine. Excellent. I love snack vending machines. They all have their quirks. He didn't say anything about taking #1, 2, or 3. Good. I'm fond of them. It will be a smaller machine. I can stuff it in next to the coffee machine.

According to him, we have the oldest canned soda vendor in the program. Awesome. Ron credits me with taking good care of the machines. I really love them.

It was a good visit. No one knows if we will get a bunch of new customers in the building; but it would be great.

No comments: