Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It was a very mixed day.

  • The house did not burn down.
  • The repairman will be out tomorrow, to fix the dead food machine.
  • The cat is OK.
  • The weather was beautiful.
  • I didn't have a headache.
  • I got to hand out about a dozen Bibles, which made me happy.
  • I have some lovely rose incense and Ron is not complaining about it.
  • Ron asked me some questions re: my faith and he was serious.

However, I had to work on my day off, and the import store at the mall didn't have the "good" candy I sought. I am down to the money Ron gave me and I'd really rather not spend it. I don't feel like it's "mine". I'm REALLY tired, AFTER my nap. I lost an iron skillet and my favorite spatula/flipper. The house almost burned down! Our soda machine had a coin jam and lousy business! My house still reeks of burnt grease! I never did find the money I lost.

So, let's start off early in the morning. I woke up before the alarm, that was nice. I did my Bible study and prayer time. About to do it again. One thing I have right now is time, so I try to use it wisely. So far, so good. I found a can of whipped cream in the fridge (low sugar version) and had that for breakfast.

We have a gas stove. SOMEHOW one of us bumped it this morning and turned it on, under my favorite iron skillet. The iron skillet had some grease in it; it also had a plastic-handled burger-flipper. So, when we left for work the stove burner was on medium-high for several hours.

I am thanking God I have a house, and everything. When we came home the house was full of smoke and it was immediately obvious the skillet and flipper were a loss. The cat was OK. He has a cat door, so he could get out.

I'm very thankful it wasn't worse, but now I need a new skillet. Like I mentioned, I'm really trying not to spend money until I get paid, but I need a new skillet if I'm going to eat! AGH. So, some of Ron's $70 will go for a new skillet. I'm very sad over the loss, that skillet got me through my first and second Atkins. I cooked up many delicious meats in that old guy. I was just thinking last night it's my favorite kitchen buddy. Was. Now it's in my trash can outside.

It's a nice day, too, in the 70's, partly sunny, and breezy - breezy enough that I could open a couple of windows, light some incense, and get rid of the worst of the smoke. When it gets chilly I'll close up.

So far, no headaches. Even with all the drama; not a twinge. Let's hear it for the Butterbur and Feverfew.

I'm glad we went to work; we had to fix the soda machine, and stocked about a dozen sandwiches. I stocked all the sodas, food machines, snack machines. Ron looked at the coffee but it didn't need much. Then he sorted change. The stockroom looks great; although I need to take out the big rolling dumpster. I like work; I like being a productive citizen. I enjoy fixing things, and helping people. I had a good time, truth be told.

Maybe I will ask Ron for a payroll advance tomorrow, $20, and use that to get my skillet. They have some nice ones at the sporting goods store. Not to mention, I doubt I will be mugged if I have a big iron skillet! Take THAT, Thug Boy! [snicker]

Ron wanted to go to the chicken place at the mall. After he started eating, I handed out Bibles. Not much for me to eat except a bowl of chicken. It wasn't bad, but I'm not a huge chicken fan. I didn't feel like we got a good value; probably the worst accusation I can level at a restaurant (other than poor food safety). Ron loved it; he says his chicken flavors are better. I'm happy he's doing better.

Somewhere in all the waiting he asked me what the difference was between us, in faith. I told him my view. We talked a little, calmly, and later on he said he appreciated my insight. I don't think it was mine. I ask God to put His thoughts in my head! It was nice to at least refer to God in front of Ron without the usual ranting.

We had good rides today, too. All in all, though, it was a rather TRYING day. I am so ready for a Day Out, except, like I said, I don't want to spend that money. I want to give it back to him. I don't want to be BEHOLDEN. That is a very sad statement.

I'm glad I cooked up a double portion of sausage last night; I can eat that for dinner. I have a little dinky skillet but I'd hate to use that to cook up a pound of sausage! It would take me half an hour!

No comments: