Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm getting sneaky. Ron was sitting on the couch while I was on the computer, and I read him various news articles off the Chronicle website. I've always done that if I had a paper, read him various items. I always do the advice column, for instance.

One of the articles I saw had a rather vague title, something about 9 items you need to notice. The article was a rather stiff version of "Signs of an Emotional Abuser". I decided to put it as "Here are the signs I may be abusing you, honey. #1 Isolating me from friends and family. 2. Refusal to take NO for an answer." I did it very much in the context of "You'd better watch ME!" Not, look at what you try to do to me, you monster. He listened to all 9 and left. He said it reminded him of how God tortures him. Oh-kay.

Last night I did something unspeakable - I ate a couple of large spoonfuls of peanut butter! Formerly a horrible migraine trigger, I seem to be fine now. Good. I would like to get some peanut butter back into my life. Even just a bag of peanuts. I get really, really sick of meat sticks.

So, this morning we went to Starbucks. It is nice for me to think, that when I'm gone, more than one driver will miss me. :) I enjoy virtually everyone I meet.

I am really having to work on some of my grammar skills - I almost ended a sentence with a preposition. Eeek!

We went to Starbucks. I was NOT QUEASY! The peanut butter? Hm! I had my thing and got Ron something to eat. He ate it. Then, off to the blood bank. I went off to shop a little and he was done in an hour. Then we came home. I was pretty tired, so I took a nap.

I'm working on reading an inspirational romance novel, then I need to read Ron's digital recorder manual onto tape, then fix the fast speed playback he accidentally triggered. I didn't have time to make my deposit today, so I need to do that too, and I am considering buying a slipcover for my pull-out sofa. I can't have a warm blanket on it in the summer, my ideal thermostat is set around 80 degrees.

Not a bad day off. Tomorrow, we go to work and buy some supplies, go to work and stock them, and make sure those naughty food machines are behaving!

No comments: