Thursday, April 8, 2010

Everyone likes my haircut

Here is a link to my current photo album: http://picasaweb.google.com/RCHeather/AprilMay2010?feat=directlink Yay. I just sent the link to family, too. My aunt always takes fantastic photos. She took the avatar photo. She took these. She would probably say, in complete modesty, she had a lot of practice taking photos with 4 kids.

I had nice drivers going and coming home. The first ride was interesting. A VERY chatty lady (I literally could not get a word in edgewise, so I just nodded and made appropriate facial expressions) talked me to death!

As I got on, I handed the driver her Driver Candy. The client was interested, and appeared diabetic. I gave her the sugarfree. She was very grateful, confirming that she is diabetic. The sugarfree candy comes with a 48 page scripture booklet: http://www.wmpress.org/hkg_text/engnkjv.htm

So, I've got it out there I'm a born-again, when she finally gets around to reading it. One thing God has impressed on me recently: It won't hurt Him if I rip off a few of the cult techniques.

Have you noticed? They have some good qualities I could afford to emulate:
Good listeners - very good listeners
They don't talk much, at first
They cultivate sincerity
They are extremely committed to their mission
They don't let rejection get them down


So, I decided to practice the good listener thing. When she got off, she thought I was the most wonderful person around! Ron had made objecting body movements to the constant flow of words, so she finally apologized and got quiet. The driver sighed with relief.

It didn't hurt me or Jesus one bit to practice like that. Then the driver wanted to talk! I worked on it, again.

We had a good trip, got there half an hour early. I had time for a diet pop and then off to the office.

I knew something was wrong, because it took forever after I signed in. Normally that window opens right up and they want the $50. It was almost 20 minutes. I thought of all the times I had trouble scanning merchandise as a cashier, and they'd say things like "I guess it's free, huh?" I did have a fleeting thought. Anyway, they got their money.

Ron was a little cranky things were running late but this is MENTAL HEALTH. I was certain someone had a brain melt and needed hospitalization. That statement was not denied. [shrug] Not my business anyway.

We finally went back, and did not see doc! So much for that horribly confining undergarment I wore today! [laugh] It got worse, I went into the office and they made me GET ON THE SCALE. Doc never does that. I think he just eyeballs me and figures if I have gained or lost. It wasn't bad. I did mention I had lost 8 pounds since my last visit.

I got into all the details; like I am cycling more slowly now. I rather prefer a shorter cycle. Seems like I've been battling this depression for a while! She thought my comments about the headaches and nausea meant I wasn't happy with the meds. I said no, it's a lot worse being sick, demons in my head, OK with this, better than being sick. OK. I did ask for more phenergan tablets. I showed her the herbal stuff I am taking and she put it into the computer. Blah blah.

Time to go. We went downstairs and went to lunch with my aunt. We had a good meal. I handed out Bibles all day today, I had "just enough". My aunt and I had a discussion about the continued inclusion of chocolate in the Driver Candy. She agreed probably should stop that when I run out - which was how I felt.

She took the photos, and we went to Starbucks. We had a good time - never seems like long enough. I have delicious leftovers for dinner, and the delicious leftovers I had planned for tonight - can go to tomorrow's breakfast. Sausage in tomato sauce with cheese is good anytime.

I feel like everyone who got a Bible was on the list to get one. We had a lovely driver on the way home, but had a long detour through some horrible depressing neighborhoods full of ignorant people standing around on corners, wearing gang colors. The ones who weren't in "colors" were drinking. UGH. I reminded myself things are bad everywhere, and not to worry about "How things are going". God is in control, and the world is HIS problem. Thanks! [shudder]

I don't know if it was the aspartame, or the general miasma of negativity, ignorance, and barely suppressed violence, but I was pretty depressed by the time I got home. I managed to get about an hour nap.

I'm still running a little down. I think I will go up a little on the dinnertime lithium; take 150 + 300 (usual dose). The Wellbutrin does provoke very tight-feeling headaches. Some days I don't mind, but I woke up with one today.

I don't blame any medication for yesterday or today's headaches. There was an unfortunate incident on Tuesday night with a regular (eating) spoon-scoop of dark chocolate frosting. My fault. I am fortunate it wasn't worse. It was "delicious" but it is not good for my body.

I need to get a new mixer and some whey protien powder so I can make myself a whipping cream thing on days I do baking. I'll have a delicious, healthy, low-carb treat and I won't feel deprived. I just put a half to complete scoop of the powder into 6-8 ounces of heavy whipping cream, and blend.

I have delicious leftovers for dinner, and praise God I don't live in those neighborhoods I saw today. I bet the guys who mugged me do, though.

4 comments:

Rachel Abugov said...

Very sophisticated haircut, Heather! And probably low-maintenance, too!

Heather Knits said...

It's really easy. The hairdresser is wonderful and really understood what I needed. :) I just never felt I looked great with long hair.

Rachel Abugov said...

I hear ya, Heather! I love the idea of long hair (yes, I've read many, many historical romances, why do you ask?), but it just doesn't suit me. Thank goodness short hair is "in" for the moment!

Heather Knits said...

Ron doesn't care, but I find it funny that beards are coming back now. It's ironic that his hair is longer than mine.